ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seized H&R story...

Weeman sucks ****

cont.

I posted up about my seized H&Rs. Completely my fault for neglecting them since they were fitted by smokey quite a while ago.

The dirt and road muck got so much they seized up and not being the sharpest pencil in the tin when it comes to physics Ive recently learnt that the salt they put down in the winter makes the ali collars to react with the steal threaded shock and bond!

So, I booked her into Mark Fish, the only person around here that I trust to sort them out. After trying a mahoosive spanner he had to cut collars and prize them off:eek:

Anyway, I recommend to anyone that fitted their coilovers themselves to get the camber and tracking done properly cos after Mark had finished with my cup it felt fantastic, and the tyres are shot to. I think he put 2-2.5 degrees of camber on the fronts and it feels much better.

I must remember to look after them from now on!

Skoda Fabia vRS

Demon Tweeks do covers for coilovers mate to stop em gettin covered in crap, and i dont think you have to dismantle em to fit them either

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Alot of people have coilovers and never set the camber up,ive just brought a set of h&r coilovers with camber correction bolts and im having them laser alligned when ive fitted them.otherwise there doing more harm than good

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

how much are these bolts? would demon tweeks sell them?

where do they fit, onto the hub somewhere? and is it a big job as ive only just fitted mine, ie does the strutt need to come back off?

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Easy job i think mate... just a case of replacing the top bolt (iirc) of the two at the bottom of the strut.

I have the H&R bolts...£50 a set. Currently running 1.3 degrees negative as i dont wanna chomp my tyres up whilst just doing motorway driving.