ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seeing this everyday makes me sad...

106 GTi
LOL

Does the Trophy have uprated Sachs rear shocks on the back? if so they are clearly ideal for towing!

COuld be worse..... ;)

DodgeViperGTS.gif

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
Richard clio cup said:
what car you got little newms

As Dansta said.... I owned a 172 Cup, Before this we had a mk1 172... And tucked up nicely in the garage is one of the mintest V6's out there.

Do you feel silly now??? Im not a 1.2 owner

Its just a bloody clio!

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
Little Newms said:
As Dansta said.... I owned a 172 Cup, Before this we had a mk1 172... And tucked up nicely in the garage is one of the mintest V6's out there.

Do you feel silly now??? Im not a 1.2 owner

Its just a bloody clio!

why would i feel silly just wanted to know what car you had

what v6 you got mk2

i want one of them or a p1 tested one last week was well nice:)

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
Its a mk1...

Buying some coilovers and mk2 wheels very soon...

Just had the quiksilver exhuast and BMC fitted and it sounds awsome!!!

Still have plans to change it for a Noble tho... But we will see

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
Little Newms said:
Its a mk1...

Buying some coilovers and mk2 wheels very soon...

Just had the quiksilver exhuast and BMC fitted and it sounds awsome!!!

Still have plans to change it for a Noble tho... But we will see

bmc i heard they are the nuts i have a viper it works well i think but some people dont like them

cool the mk2 18s i think look better than the mk1 17s

noble m12 is my fav there is a bloke down my road with a m400

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
meggerman said:
it runs ferrari dampers mate

It dosnt have ferrai dampers.... There made by the same company who supply ferrari

It has a renault badge......

MKIII 138
Little Newms said:
It dosnt have ferrai dampers.... There made by the same company who supply ferrari

It has a renault badge......

Ok then... you buy an LCD or plasma screen it has a sony or philips badge on yet the panel is made by NEC whats the difference, the quality is the same as it that of clio/ferrari dampers as they are made by the same company.

as regards to the badge lol.. Fiat own ferrari the worst cars ever made, the ferrari parts themselves will be more unreliable than any renault and cost thousands to replace only the "bespoke" parts i.e sach dampers, recaro seats, brembo brakes etc.. or whatever aftermarket company they choose will be solid and reliable you obviously havent read about supercar reliability.

finally if a ferrari was £13,000 everyone would own one, thousands, a trophy is 550`ish in ammount ever made it is therefore much rarer than almost any ferrari

your logic only comes from cost, the badge and image its a pointless argument especially on here.. a ferrari is for the eliteist driver who probably buys just for the badge and cant drive for toffee, the trophy was engineered for this country only (ok that and the other one) but we got nearly all of them they recognised our love of hatches and our love of the cliosport range.. have ferrari ever done that for us in old blighty ????? will they ever ?????

all your ideas of what a car is relates to money the trophy is more exclusive to the right people than a ferrari its a working class hero car imo

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
FFS meggerman its a clio!!! That was my point....

And from that your saying a clio is better than a ferrari??

Your talking as if the Trophy is one very rare priceless car!!! One of the best in the world! Cant be matched....

Erm, buy a 172 Cup, Add some Decent coilovers, its better!

At the end of the day the old man is towing a trailer with a clio..... Whats the problem, yes it may be illegal but this isnt about that! People are moaning because its a trophy!

Grow up folks its a cheap car!

And that was my orginal point....

Its not a 600k super car! Its 16k.....

from Trophy 2 work van :(
Little Newms said:
FFS meggerman its a clio!!! That was my point....

And from that your saying a clio is better than a ferrari??

Your talking as if the Trophy is one very rare priceless car!!! One of the best in the world! Cant be matched....

Erm, buy a 172 Cup, Add some Decent coilovers, its better!

At the end of the day the old man is towing a trailer with a clio..... Whats the problem, yes it may be illegal but this isnt about that! People are moaning because its a trophy!

Grow up folks its a cheap car!

And that was my orginal point....

Its not a 600k super car! Its 16k.....

Blimey!!! Mr serious!!! Get a grip on yourself!! :clown:

MKIII 138
lol someones feather are ruffled better get back to the hutch m8

like it or not £10 or £100,000 a trophy is 550 edition for ever the end that makes it very rare and unquie and Evo proved if driven on the edge it could hang with a M6 with 500bhp which is as fast as a ferrari and faster than a 360 modena of course it was all corners any more and obviously it would get blown away but the point is one mans fiesta is another mans ferrari, too many snobs around forget the price,bhp,badge its all about the handling.

In fact a cheapo £40,000 Mitsubishi Evo (compared with a £160,000) can beat a Murcielargo on track, factor in a slightly less able car i.e ferrari 360 and an Evo a new FQ360 at £27k can beat one of those more torque better handling and only 40hp shy.. a mitsubishi hasnt any eliteist badge it makes pickup trucks and superminis... in fact autocar rekon you would have to be a driving god to beat a decent topend scoob in a ferrari on uk roads.

i think you should pull your head from your arse

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
If a magazine said a fiesta handles as good as a F1 im sure u would belive it...... Make me laugh lol

My Cup on coilovers handled better than my mates trophy, does that mean im better than a Ferrari 360???

Last edited:
Here here!!!! well said meggerman!! My Trophy happens to be my pride and joy and i will be fooked if I will let snotty comments from someone make me think otherwise!! He has a clio himself for christ's sake!!! I know it's not a bloomin ferrari but its a lot of car for the money!!!

My nan said that little newms needs a slap round the face with a 2 week old rainbow trout!!! :rasp:

ITS A GIRLY CLIO. THATS THE END OF THE STORY GUYS.

CALM DOWN DEARS.

And in Newms defence, dont say his feathers are all ruffled, simply because all he's doing is replying to your ruffled response.

meggerman said:
Ok then... you buy an LCD or plasma screen it has a sony or philips badge on yet the panel is made by NEC whats the difference, the quality is the same as it that of clio/ferrari dampers as they are made by the same company.

as regards to the badge lol.. Fiat own ferrari the worst cars ever made, the ferrari parts themselves will be more unreliable than any renault and cost thousands to replace only the "bespoke" parts i.e sach dampers, recaro seats, brembo brakes etc.. or whatever aftermarket company they choose will be solid and reliable you obviously havent read about supercar reliability.

finally if a ferrari was £13,000 everyone would own one, thousands, a trophy is 550`ish in ammount ever made it is therefore much rarer than almost any ferrari

your logic only comes from cost, the badge and image its a pointless argument especially on here.. a ferrari is for the eliteist driver who probably buys just for the badge and cant drive for toffee, the trophy was engineered for this country only (ok that and the other one) but we got nearly all of them they recognised our love of hatches and our love of the cliosport range.. have ferrari ever done that for us in old blighty ????? will they ever ?????

all your ideas of what a car is relates to money the trophy is more exclusive to the right people than a ferrari its a working class hero car imo

We have two Mr Serious's here. :rasp:

Dansta said:
ITS A GIRLY CLIO. THATS THE END OF THE STORY GUYS.

CALM DOWN DEARS.

And in Newms defence, dont say his feathers are all ruffled, simply because all he's doing is replying to your ruffled response.

You have a GIRLY name!! :rasp:

clio 182 black /gold
Have a look and tell me how the tow bar is fixed?
No im not having it done just curious

BLACK 197!!
would look good on a track day..they could hook up a fuel bowser on the trailer n tow it round the track cut all the fuel stops..lol:D

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
stevieb172 said:
would look good on a track day..they could hook up a fuel bowser on the trailer n tow it round the track cut all the fuel stops..lol:D

or could get someone in the back trailer for some more downforce

:rasp:

:lolup:

tiTTy & SV650
Little Newms said:
I would be more impressed with a 182 towing a Jet Ski worth 9k..... Would that still be a crime????

yes it would be illegal as it has a zero tow rating!!!

tiTTy & SV650
theres a focus RS in thurso with a tow bar and a wee ghey trailer like that, only 120 miles from that trophy in Inverness.

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
This isn't suppose to tow owt either but it has ;)

DodgeViperGTS.gif

Maybe he is trying for the top speed record with a trailer ;)

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Open this site, type in the make and model.
http://www.witter-towbars.co.uk/towbars/price_list.aspx

This is what it says for Clio

Clio Van 00-04 RN63 £129.00
Clio 172/182 Only 00-05 Vehicle Not Homologated for Towing
Clio III 05- RN87Q £279.00 RN87 £127.00
Clio (not 16V or RSi) 91-98 RN48 £118.00
Clio Van 91-98 RN48 £118.00
Clio (inc. new 2001 model) 98-05 RN63 £129.00

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I wonder who made the tow bar for him? And if they know it is allegal and they would be sh#t up the creek if caught, And yes it's a horrible sight and yes it should never happen on a car like a trophy