ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seat comfort - 172 Cup vs 182

Clio 172 Cup
I'm mulling whether to buy a set of seats from a 182 to go in my 172 Cup, but while doing a bit of research found a couple of posts suggesting that they 172 Cup seats are actually a bit comfier. I assumed they were the same, with the half leather being the only difference.
Anyone got experience of both?
Cheers.

Experience is that both support you and you're not going to slide out of either. Comfort I saw no difference though the leather headrest was nice in the 182.
In my opinion weighing down a cup with extra toys is removing the whole point of it being a cup - bit like sticking cup shocks on a Trophy.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Having had both a 172Cup and a 182 I would say I prefer the proper 1*2 seats. The lumbar support and adjustable headrest are great for longer journeys. Obviously though, everyone's opinion is different, but this is my experience. The thing is, if you're used to the standard 172Cup seats...then you won't miss what you don't have. Whether or not the extra weight is worth it is your call.

Clio 172 Cup
Cheers for that, appreciated. The weight difference is negligible, so I'm not worried about that.