ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sealing lights

Oyster Card
I've brought some aftermarket Red LED lights (not lexus type) they look quite subtle so I'm pleased with them.

Only problem being they like 99% of all aftermarket lights let water in, makes my old Clio's sunroof look waterproof lol.
Okay it isn't that bad but what I mean is when I washed the car there was water around the edges under the perspects(spell?) and I'm guessing that will condense(again.. spell) in the winter?

Any ideas how I can stop this, minus the bin them remarks thank you very much :p

Bye Bye 182....
sounds stupid but what about clear silicone sealant> take the light out. Plaster the back in the sealant to make a join and then put it back on. That will create a watertight joint that can be broken if ever you wnat to get the lights back off for bulb changes etc.