ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scrubbing when cornering hard - Cadwell Park??

Clio 172 Cup
​Hi folks. Had chance to take a 172 Cup around Cadwell park earlier in the year. I had always driven Saxos before. Just wondered if anyone else in Clios have scrubbing when cornering hard. It was either the tyre scrubbing in the arch or the whole car bottoming out on the tarmac?

I had H and R coilovers set at this height on 16" Turinis with Michelins

P1010228_zpsef6a870c.jpg

Here's a video. As you can hear when cornering hard (especially at the mountain) scrubbing coming from somewhere? Skip to 2 min 40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER5fhcHOtC8

Clio 172 Cup
What can be done to stop this? Harder coilovers? Any recomendations? 15" wheels? Anyone else have the same problem?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I would suggest its probably the fronts scrubbing on the bumper bracket (quite common on low sports).

Pop the front wheel off and look towards the front of the arch and you will probably see where the wheel has been catching.

If it is the bracket it can be easily solved with a hammer and pair of mole grips.

I had the same issue and its gone since I be t the brackets back.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Would I be better off using 15" wheels on track? 195/50/15?

Better using 15's on track irrespective in my opinion.

Car will handle a little better and tyres are hell of a lot cheaper.

Personally I would still bend the brackets back anyway.