ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scratches on headlamps

Suzuki SV650
I've got a few scuffs/marks on both my front headlamps from when I went into the back of some Merc ages ago, but they are still annoying me, can hardly tell unless you get up close, from afar they just look slightly dirty or something, is there anyway of being able to polish these out? Will I perhaps need to enlist in the help of someone with a pc?

Is there any chance of these failing on the Mot as well?

Will get some pics later when its not darkness outside.

Steve.

2.0 Auris
Id imagin that is its deep scuffs it would be hard to polish out.I wouldent think it would be a MOT fail.

106 GTi
Light damage may polish out. Deeper marks may even be able to be wet sanded and then polished.

Pics would help to asses it.

Suzuki SV650
NS headlight (pics 1 to 3 & pic 5) has the bulk of the damage, biggest bit looks like a big birdy poo!

OS headlight (4th pic) only has a little bit, looks like that will polish out.

Attachments

• DSC03194.JPG
    DSC03194.JPG
    276.1 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC03195.JPG
    DSC03195.JPG
    330.2 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC03196.JPG
    DSC03196.JPG
    289.5 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC03197.JPG
    DSC03197.JPG
    307.6 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC03198.JPG
    DSC03198.JPG
    299 KB · Views: 18
  Suzuki SV650
Good link, not sure about pc'ing on the Clio headlight as it is curved. Plus I also don't own a pc so will need to get someone to come over and help. Should I try a really fine wetsand & a few applications of some PlasticX by hand over the whole headlamp, or just a patch?

106 GTi
PC'ing Clio Headlamps is fine, weather you can correct that defect without distorting the shape and making it look odd is another.

But as the lamp looks buggered what have you got to lose?

You could probably get away with PLASTX by hand but would be hard work. As Richard said you cant make things worse!

Suzuki SV650
I've got an old pair of mark 1 wingmirrors I can practice on I know they aren't quite the same as headlamps but might as well have a go on them before going at my 172 with it.

So seriously does anyone think the chances of borrowing someones pc for a short while seem decent? Because they are quite a lot brand new and I only need to fix this one headlamp, I could prob pick up a single headlamp unit for the same price as a pc thingy!