ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scratched windscreen

Hi wondered if anyone could offer advice.

Bought my 182 recently, but unfortunately the previous owner left it with a scratch on the windscreen right in viewing line which is pretty annoying. I would guess that the wiper blades did it, im guessing they were completely worn or fitted badly?

Just wondered if anyone could knew if it would be possible to do a repair job that wouldnt involve a new windscreen?

Ive tried to take pictures but its dark outside right now but if anyone could offer advice I would be very grateful!

Attachments

• window front.JPG
    window front.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 86
C

clvs2222

if you can feel it with your finger nail then its not repairable. take it to a windscreen place and see what they say. You could get it replaced through your insurance.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
that may machine out with the rite compound.

I would fail that on mot btw

M2 Competition
Id just get a new windscreen through insurance bud, providing you have cover.

Wont cost you any excess and be pennies.

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Mine is like that too, passed MOT with it, was flagged as an advisory though.

Edit: yours does look a bit worse though.

Thanks for the help, took the advice and contacted insurance co and got windscreen replaced. Unfortunately the auto wipers just seem on a standard setting now no matter how much it rains. Does this mean they haven't connected something right?