ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scratch Removal

Breaking A 172 Replica
Hey guys,

I have a scratch one my rear bumper (dynamique one) about 6 inches long. It is reasonably deep in parts (deep enough to get your nail stuck in and for it to feel rough to the touch.

Best way to remove it/hide it?

Not too bothered myself, its just I am selling the car and cba with people wanting to knock £100 off the price just because of a scratch on the bloody bumper.

Thanks

Sam

Punto/Clio GTT
ask in awanted section for someone who has an old touch up pen in your colour.

failing that goto renault and get a touch up pen. or if you know someone in the repair trade, get them to mix you up 1:10th of paint in a small pot.

then get either some folded masking tape or a cocktail stick and just go along the line a bit at a time

Breaking A 172 Replica
ask in awanted section for someone who has an old touch up pen in your colour.

failing that goto renault and get a touch up pen. or if you know someone in the repair trade, get them to mix you up 1:10th of paint in a small pot.

then get either some folded masking tape or a c**ktail stick and just go along the line a bit at a time

I have order a touch up pen (6.49 which isn't bad for Renault) but it needs sanding or smoothing me thinks.

The whole scratch is still rough (as its plastic...)

Thanks

Sam

Punto/Clio GTT
well, if your really brave, sand it down with some P2000 wetordry with soapy water and polish it back up with some G3 or scratch-x, then touch the scratch up, polish it back down.

tbh i wouldnt goto extremes if your selling the car, your looking at £7 for G3, then price of some wetordry which seems a b*****d to get hold of in single sheets

Punto/Clio GTT
you can try, but you gotta be careful, the actual bumper is a white plastic usually, so when you scratch it, you see a white scratch. if your scratch is sitting proud and you try flat it down, it may just turn into a horrible raised white line with your scratch aswell.