ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scrapping/ Rubbing sound when cornering!

Just realised.

Bought some 182 alloys for my non-rs and when im cornering i get a loud scraping and rubbing sound coming from the wheels!

The front right scrapes really quite loudly when cornering left and the rear right rubs against something aswel, the same thing happens on the other side taking rights.

Doesnt happen when maneuvering, or at full lock going slowly.

Will spacers fix this? Sounds like its causing damage! Any ideas what it could be ?

Cheers Kai

Ultra Red Clio 197
its cause the wheels are rubbing on the archliners... I put 3mm or maybe ther 5mm spacers on the rear! tho I never had any problems on the front wheels tho I will be fitting 25mm hubcentric spacers on the front when I fit the wider RS wings to complete the 182 replica!

Rubbing on the strut perhaps? What width tyres do you have? I have 205 on mine and it ever so slightly rubbed before I got the spacers etc.

Ive got this on my car, Sounds like the front left or back left wheel, Jacked up.. No signs of rubbing, No leeking shocks or broken springs.

Front left wheel has a bit of play left to right, Think the wishbone or ball joint might be nakerd. Although it was replaced last year for mot. Bloody speed bumps!

Could be the strut. yea they are 205's. Millions of speed bumps round my area, kills me lol. MOT and service on friday, il mention it to them. Hopefully spacers will sort it.