ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

scenic rear brakes HELP

2.0l 16valve scenic

hi guys

right this weekend i had the pleasure of doing the disks and pads all round on my 2002 scenic. front was ok to do. then i came to the back ones. both the rear calipers the pistons wouldnt go back in but after some time i got them wound back in. SO all back together and off for a test drive all seems well . i touched the rear disks to see if they was hot .the n/s one was hot but the o/s was cold compared to the n/s also the handbrake only comes up about 3 clicks then its soild. it used to come up about 5/6 clicks before
frown.gif

someone tell me what ive done wrong

mark

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
someone tell me what ive done wrong

Mark, you failed to check the assemby opperation before full reassembly and road test... but at least you checked afterwards as most wouldn't. Chances are the pads aren't sat correctly OR you've managed to fudge up the re-assembly process on that wheel (Maybe even fitted the wrong pad type?).

Pics available?

Mick

2.0l 16valve scenic
Mark, you failed to check the assemby opperation before full reassembly and road test... but at least you checked afterwards as most wouldn't. Chances are the pads aren't sat correctly OR you've managed to fudge up the re-assembly process on that wheel (Maybe even fitted the wrong pad type?).

Pics available?

Mick

thanks for the reply mick
ive cleaned the calipers to with in a inch of there lifes and the sliders are nice and free . the new pads are sitting fine and are also the same type of ones that came out. one thing i did notice is the piston is alot stiffer to wind out on the cold side???

i could get up some pics for u mick but as i say all is well i just cant get my head round it

mark

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Arse end up in the air and wheels off. Handbrake off and someone in the car working the pedal - Do the pistons work correctly and let off? If they do are the pads free to slide or are they stuck? (If they're stuck there's the issue). If the piston isn't going back far enough then you'll need to whip the caliper off the car, pop the seal and clean up the piston.