ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sat nav

Fiat Panda 100hp
I used co-pilot when it firs came out on my JB iPhone. It was terrible, but I'm sure it's got a lot better now as it's been updated.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
TomTom, Navigon and Sygic are the highest rated ones on pocketgpsworld by the editors there.

TomTom only got back up to a decent rating following their last update, prior to that it was a bit basic, they've submitted V1.3 to apple and it includes (pay) features like traffic etc.

However, they're both about to get wiped into tomorrow by Sygics new offering:

http://aura.sygic.com

Afaik, this has been submitted to apple and is pending approval.

Bumder With A Buffer
Co-Pilot is very good, I also have Navigon too which is good.

Co-pilot is much better since the update...Only thing I dont like about Navigon is the user interface stuff.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Tried copilot but didn't like it. Always had TT sat nav and on iPhone it's basicly the same, usually gets a signal quicker than the real one as well. Will defo be trying that Sygic one once it comes out looks pretty good.

Citroen DS3 DSport
v1.3 of TomTom installed, some nice new additions.

What's new

- HD TRAFFIC: The best traffic information available today - for the fastest route every time and the most accurate arrival time estimate. Available via in app purchase.

1 Day: £0.59
1 Month: £4.99
3 Months: £11.49
12 Months: £37.99

- GOOGLE LOCAL SEARCH: Find countless shops and businesses wherever you are, and navigate directly there. Access the latest Google listings from within the TomTom app.

- NEW MAP: Drive with the latest, most accurate map

- MUSIC FADING: Music fading will gently reduce volume while TomTom gives you driving instructions, and will return to normal volume between prompts.

- AUTOMATIC DAY & NIGHT MODE: Your app calculates local sunrise and sunset times to automatically adjust the screen brightness while driving, for a safer drive.

- ADD LOCATIONS from other applications and websites on your iPhone to your TomTom app and instantly navigate to them or store them as favorites for future use.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Used that sygic one today. w**k. Awful, honestly. Voice commands are way too quiet, every half mile on the m25 tells me to keep on the sodding m25. Then when you do need to come off the mway, useless nonspecific instructions. And my personal fav, go left at the island, 4th exit.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I've got CoPilot and quite like it, works well.

Only issues I have with it are that because I connect my iPhone to my HU with a proper cable, I can't adjust the iPod controls with CoPilot, which is fine except it seems to mean I can't adjust how the voice commands lower the music/mute it etc, which means they play out a lot louder than the music, sometimes scaring the s**t out of me and sometimes overpowering the speakers if I've forgotten and turned the music up. Admittedly, these are partly my issues and may not affect many people anyway.

I've got TomTom v1.0 and that doesn't beat the latest CoPilot, not sure what the lastest version is like but TBH, CoPilot is almost perfect IMO and for £26 is a bargain.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Vish said:
I've got CoPilot and quite like it, works well.

Only issues I have with it are that because I connect my iPhone to my HU with a proper cable, I can't adjust the iPod controls with CoPilot, which is fine except it seems to mean I can't adjust how the voice commands lower the music/mute it etc, which means they play out a lot louder than the music, sometimes scaring the s**t out of me and sometimes overpowering the speakers if I've forgotten and turned the music up. Admittedly, these are partly my issues and may not affect many people anyway.

I've got TomTom v1.0 and that doesn't beat the latest CoPilot, not sure what the lastest version is like but TBH, CoPilot is almost perfect IMO and for £26 is a bargain.
You can adjust how the voice commands alter the music, iirc you can have them same vol, lower the music then speak or mute the music.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
There you go

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 17

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Bear in mind that tomtom seems to be on permanent sale, it's been on sale since before Christmas, so it's not at the ridiculous price point it was before.

Prior to v1.2 it was poor value for money, it was missing many features that it really should have had at launch, it did however have the best routing courtesy of the iq routes system.

Much as I dislike tomtom (because they don't seem to ever do any evolution) it's currently the best nav application on the iPhone. The traffic information on this is the best traffic information available, they take data from the usual sources in addition to their own data coming from nav units in peoples car.

There is a reason that tomtom and navigon are more expensive than some of the other offerings...they're better. That said, you pay your money and if you're happy with what you get for it, then it's a win.

I'd always recommend Reading the pocketgpsworld forums for information on the apps.

Citroen DS3 DSport
TT v1.2 & v1.3 have been excellent and IMHO provide the best routing of all the sat nav options I have tried.

V1.3 made a already great option even better.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
You can adjust how the voice commands alter the music, iirc you can have them same vol, lower the music then speak or mute the music.

There you go

I had selected that but when my iPhone is connected to the HU, the iPod from the phone is switched off and controlled by the HU, so think that's why those options weren't helpful as it was playing through the iPod feature on CoPilot.

Maybe it's because I selected the volume setting while it was connected to the HU, will have a little play with it tomorrow and see if I can get it working.