ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

santapod-what a day

Focus RS mk1
took the clio to santapod today for the 1st time, was quite alot of clios there including a red valver i think it was turbod with a side exit exhaust was well into the 13s. i ran a 14.8 was quite happy with that but was embarrased by a friend of mine in a sierra cosworth which ran 12.8 :eek:.
definatly going again at some point. anyone else on here go?

Tangoed Works
did you see a proton gti there? think it had 304 on the back window and a turbo conversion.

Focus RS mk1
no didnt see that mate but i did see an ex clio cup racer there was getting around mid 14s, thought they was quicker than that

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
class day i love it

think i broke the clio tho :(

but defo want to go again

few 182 and plenty valver's meeting there

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Very tempted to have ago in the 172 down the pod.. Just dont think it will do the "known" weakest parts of the clio any good, Imagine a day full of 1st gear hard launches on good traction ie - no give! good old 172 gearboxs :dead:

Yeah I went today - was a good laugh! saw a quite a few clios there also.. which one were you?

I managed a 15.3 in a standard 182 - I just couldn't get the starts nailed... need practice!

16vturbolee

took the clio to santapod today for the 1st time, was quite alot of clios there including a red valver i think it was turbod with a side exit exhaust was well into the 13s. i ran a 14.8 was quite happy with that but was embarrased by a friend of mine in a sierra cosworth which ran 12.8 :eek:.
definatly going again at some point. anyone else on here go?

yea that was mine the red turbo valver runing low boost, high boost wasnt working fuel problems but anyway 13.4 @107mph was the best 4 me:D

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
me and rob was the 2 black 172s

saw the red one - was running well cool

it was an x 172 cup racer - onslow cole old car

TVR Cerbera
I usually go to the Pod when i can, you'll have to give me a shout next time your going. Usually go the the organised events eg fast show etc. good time tho

Daz

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
was a rwyb weekend

we went up on the sunday

saw the k-tec evo there also

was wandering if i see u daz

16vturbolee

which cup racer was in the 14's?? 172 type? or 16v/willy type?

The cup racer is my mate. Its a willy on itbs running 241 bhp and he blew first gear up on the fisrt run :eek:and 2nd run he did pull away in 2nd but still hit mid 14s

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
was a good weekend, anyone else camp? was a bad desicion lol

some good cars there , we shredded the altenator belt on the line on the 1st night, just ran with a booster pack all day sunday

Clio 1.5 dCi 80
I was there....silver clio II with 16inch alloys in the grass near the start line camping.

deffo going again and run it when i do some performance extra's

Focus RS mk1
Yeah I went today - was a good laugh! saw a quite a few clios there also.. which one were you?

I managed a 15.3 in a standard 182 - I just couldn't get the starts nailed... need practice!

was you in a very clean black 182 with red calipers? i was the black 172 with stickers on the skirts, i ran a 14.8 and had trouble nailing the starts aswell, i never realised it would be so slippy. i could not stop laughing at the old ford cortina estate running 20secs and crossing the line at 70mph:eek:

16vturbolee

you put in a better time than the new m3 did you?

I was told i had the fastest front wheel drive car there:approve: then was told the evo 10 ran a 13.6.;) so maybe. It was a good weekend 4 me after spanking the vee;) made my day lol.

Focus RS mk1
you spanked most cars there TBF. few in the 12s think there was 1 in 11s aswell. yeh saw the evo run you must be well chuffed beating that

16vturbolee

you spanked most cars there TBF. few in the 12s think there was 1 in 11s aswell. yeh saw the evo run you must be well chuffed beating that

Yea i am after only running low boost. The car is set up for 262 bhp on high boost so next time should be even better.

Focus RS mk1
i saw the 350 in the que but never saw it go down the strip, didnt see him again after that so that would explain why. heard him revving tits off it in the que