ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung TV not detecting external HDD

As above not sure on the model of TV but it's a 3D TV I plug a flash drive in and it finds it no problem I plug in a seagate external hard drive (1tb) it's powered by the USB cable and the light on it just flashes and the TV doesn't pick up its there? Any clues? I've tried NTFS and FAT32 formatting neither are picked up. If I plug it into a computer it has a solid blue light saying that its being read ok.

Confused?

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Try it as FAT (not 32 or NTFS) and see what it does then...?

Have you tried all the USB ports? Only one on out of about 4 on my Samsung will see my portable hard drives. Probably has more power or something.

Polo + Micra
my bet is that the power supply is collapsing once the hard drive tries to spin up

that is why the light is flashing

Know of any USB leads that split to a Power source and data?

I had this problem when I got my 3D tv a couple of years ago. The USB HDD would take literally 10mins to show up, then all movies would stutter or restart constantly.

I then tried a USB splitter (one into Tv, one into an iPad plug), which didn't work either.

In the end I bought a mains powered HDD to solve it.

Cupra
Last option in the menu and software update. Just plug it into the network first if you haven't already.