ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung LCD TV Digital/Terrirestrial Viewing problems

172 Cup SOLD
Got the following TV and just can't seem to pick up a decent signal

http://www.247electrical.co.uk/epages/twentyfourseven.storefront/EN/Product/SAMLE26R74BDX?SOURCE=AW

Had a 14" old small tv that plugged into the main household aerial and had crystal clear picture on channels 1-4 (5 reception in my area is crap)

Tried a freeview box on this tv and got no luck really

Now my new Samsung arrived and as it has built in freeview decoder thought i might try again......plugged the household aerial into the aerial jack on the back of the tv and used "Plug and Play" setup in the menu...searches for programs and displays a list, but the quality is awful.......then when it goes to find digital channels it finds none.

I've checked to see whether my area can receive digital freeview and it says it can receive every channel

Any idea's

172 Cup SOLD
i think its the same house aerial we've always had.....how much is it to get a digi one and get it fitted??!

I love the tv, xbox on it is awesome, as are dvd's.....just a shame about the tv channels

the freeview and digital t.v relies on a digital connection for better signal . 50+ quid fitted about the going rate i believe , but will defo improove your picture quality . some fitter even guarantee picture quality on their installation ;)

172 Cup SOLD
much appreciated, a lot better price than i was expecting as well!!

thought it'd be around 200 odd

don't
my ex's tv did this, small 14" was fine, then she got a 26" samsung

she got a signal booster thing and now its all perfect

much appreciated, a lot better price than i was expecting as well!!

thought it'd be around 200 odd

check your local papers for digital ariel fitters .... ones who guarantee quality pics etc .
they'll put up a new ariel on the roof and probably give you ports all over the house if required to get digital reception where you need it most .

sell fleas to a dog .......me
pmsl :nono:

172 Cup SOLD
well he says it's fixed it is sorta, basically we've used a external portable aerial, signal booster and freeview box and get a good picture on most channels.......still not entirely happy as i can't move the aerial at the mo and its a pain in the arse.....gunna get a digital household aerial i think, found out our one is 20years old.