ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung Galaxy Tabs.

Just been having a browse of the web, and thought I'd look at the above.

Why are there so many different variations?! 10.1, 7, 8.9 etc. The list goes on.

Does anyone on here have one?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab's.

I think there's one guy. He'll be along soon, just sit tight.

However he's probably not so smart because android tablets are terrible, terrible things.

Someone will recommend you buy this http://www.futeko.com/products/TAB008.php because its "cheap"

Lol, f**k that.

I'm aware of how s**t 99% of the Android tablets are, I was just curious about the Galaxy Tabs as have never actually met anyone who has one and the newer models look which are being released look like they could be quite decent.

Mito Sportiva 135

Had a play on one and found it very good to use. Amazes me how people look at an iPad and think it could spawn new life-forms, yet look at non-Apple tablets and dismiss them all instantly. Fair enough some are cack but the Galaxy one I played with seemed spot on for what 99% of iPad users use it for...e.g. watching films, internet browsing and playing games.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Had a play on one and found it very good to use. Amazes me how people look at an iPad and think it could spawn new life-forms, yet look at non-Apple tablets and dismiss them all instantly. Fair enough some are cack but the Galaxy one I played with seemed spot on for what 99% of iPad users use it for...e.g. watching films, internet browsing and playing games.

They are all bad compared to the iPad thats why.

Why pay £399 for a galaxy tab when you could have an iPad?

Its not the same argument as iPhone, because the "good" android tablets cost the same if not more than the superior apple equivalent.

Last edited:

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I nearly bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab over the Bank holiday weekend, but ended up getting a 32Gb Motorola Xoom for just £239 from Currys.

The Galaxy Tab is a nice bit of kit, but they are still pricey and getting on towards iPad money in the 10.1 range, the 8.9's are cheaper.

Spec wise the Xoom is better than the iPad 2 and similar to the Galaxy Tab, but with a few extras like HDMI and SD card slot, so at the price I paid it was just a no brainer, as you get more spec for less monies.

The Xoom can be upgraded to ICS straight out of the box now too and Google developed ICS for tablets on the Xoom, so it will be optimised for it.

Spec comparison >>> http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/ipad_vs._xoom_vs._ipad_2_spec_comparison_chart/

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I nearly bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab over the Bank holiday weekend, but ended up getting a 32Gb Motorola Xoom for just £239 from Currys.

The Galaxy Tab is a nice bit of kit, but they are still pricey and getting on towards iPad money in the 10.1 range, the 8.9's are cheaper.

Spec wise the Xoom is better than the iPad 2 and similar to the Galaxy Tab, but with a few extras like HDMI and SD card slot, so at the price I paid it was just a no brainer, as you get more spec for less monies.

The Xoom can be upgraded to ICS straight out of the box now too and Google developed ICS for tablets on the Xoom, so it will be optimised for it.

Spec comparison >>> http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/ipad_vs._xoom_vs._ipad_2_spec_comparison_chart/

Xoom 2 or Xoom 1?

If its the one, you are insane.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
It's a load of old s**t! Lol.

Got panned on launch. I guess the only saving grace is its a pure google device so you won't have to wait 10 years to get the latest build of android.

The prices I've seen iPad 2's going for make that seem like incredibly bad value.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
But you think anything that's not an iPad is sh*t. :rolleyes:

I've read various reviews and its not been panned in any of them?

The only real gripe originally was the price, but that issue has been resolved.

You can't compare prices of secondhand iPad's to a brand new Xoom, but used 32gb iPad 2's are going for more than I paid, so how is that bad value?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I can. It's bad value.

It's also very heavy and it's not as responsive, even with ICS.

The device was terrible with honeycomb when I used one, kept crashing.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion, but find me a brand new 32Gb iPad for the same money and then I'll take notice

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I've got 7 days from when it arrives due to distance selling rules, so I can play with it and get a refund if I'm not happy.

Mito Sportiva 135

They are all bad compared to the iPad thats why.

Why pay £399 for a galaxy tab when you could have an iPad?

Its not the same argument as iPhone, because the "good" android tablets cost the same if not more than the superior apple equivalent.

I disagree...many of them are rubbish, I will give you that, and the iPad probably is best still overall, but for most people (and the features which they actually use rather than think they might use one day, and never actually do) some of the new Android ones are pretty decent.

Agreed for the price difference though, worth looking at iPads. They are cool.