ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung Galaxy S2 help!

Merc
Right, I'll be visiting Laandon in September and thinking of getting the aforementioned phone. I have bought nearly all my previous phones from the UK as they are massively cheaper than here. What I have always done is buy the PAYG phones and had them unlocked over there aswell.

Now, I heard the other day, correct me if I'm wrong that you can have them unlocked by simply phoning the network company? Is this the case with all service providers or just some, as the S2 is on offer by All the big boys (T-Mobile, 3, Orange, O2...).

If this is the case what do I have to do? No cheeky get an iphone comments :rasp:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Go to phones 4 U and get one already unlocked, you'll get a seperate sim rather than a package.

Merc
Aha! Just searched and they are the same price. Cheers Scrooge.

Ages ago an unlocked phone would cost £££ more than a PAYG phone.

Merc
I know someone who bought the Galaxy S I and downloaded a free app to unlock the phone via wi fi.

That would be brilliant.

Macester, I have read a few reviews with the inevitable comparisons against the iphone and many claim that it beats the iphone in every department except build quality. Will be good to see what the iphone 5 offers, maybe the S2 has delayed the launch of the 5.

Polo + Micra
how about the htc sensation?

not much between it and the samsung tbh

apart from the htc having a better feel/build quality

Merc
Thanks for the link but $55 for a code seems awful steep.

As mentioned above, they are selling sim free phones at the same price than PAYG phones, which shocked me.

Merc
Well not exactly. Not all of Europe and they didn't exactly rip off the iphone.

The way the S2 displayed images was the same as the iphone. So iphone alleged a few cases of copyright infringement against Samsung but the only one they won was the one mentioned about the images which brought the S2 sale to a halt. Don't quote me on the exact details as I only skimmed the subject.