ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

S1 Rallye

172 rag
@craigyt
Dude its your car and I am sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable.
There are many ways to increase the track regardless if it is a stage car (tarmac/gravel) or track day/road car.
On my book this is not the most appropriate thats all. But this is me. If it works for you Its fine by me.

Lets stop it here :wink:

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Another year on the road!

4C23912C-C384-4589-B337-210F038AE672_zpseegcqarc.jpg

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Nice! I have just picked up an S1 to reshell my GTI in to and I can't wait to get it built.
What spec box are you running with your engine setup?

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
180bhp but with the weight, its a proper rocket is yours.
That white one looks like the geometry is out.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Small update. When doing the shoot and moving the car around I couldn't help but notice a few drops of oil where the car had been stood. We were in the right place to have a look so got the car over the pit and indeed the bottom was covered in oil! (Note how close I was to driving the car into the pit!)

47B9C368-8BA5-4C26-8A12-E24C7D47ECF0_zpsdz1f6nuq.jpg

With the help of Craig and his knowledgable old man we identified that the oil had pissed out of some return breather located here;

B2614986-4C0E-4A90-BFC7-C14BECF344B0_zpsqhyuxx82.jpg

This had never been bunged before and had never leaked so was a bit of a mystery. Luckily the car had not lost too much oil and was still within tolerances. Craig's dad created a bung out of a rubber number plate bung and a screw and the leak was sorted.

I was still confused as to why it had started leaking from that location though so upon getting home looked into it more. It turned out my catch tank was full so pressure had built up and forced oil out of the other hole.

It's now emptied again but it's a Lesson learned - check catch tank more often!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice dry afternoon this afternoon so went out for a spin. I love only using the car occasionally as it always keeps me interested and I don't get chance to get used to the performance.

Anyway, here's a few pictures I took;

8E4DF5B3-9F45-42F4-8D4A-B85444E66354_zps0vo08n94.jpg

D6BA4694-57C9-4E92-893F-C8108F0BFC49_zps8wwng9xi.jpg

02712667-9E5B-49A4-917D-EB6A3984DD29_zpsgbuq2jki.jpg

6B4692E9-1D62-4DDC-847E-CF81DC88229F_zpsskyhawvj.jpg

Megane 250
Amazing car, genuinely gutted I didn't buy a rallye when I had the chance and got my GTi. Ill own a rallye one day.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Amazing car, genuinely gutted I didn't buy a rallye when I had the chance and got my GTi. Ill own a rallye one day.

I want a standard one now but they're on the up in terms of price. I saw a standard red tin top around four years ago for £1000 - lovely condition too. Same car now is fetching nearly three times that.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
I'm seriously starting to like these more than the 205 GTi :/