ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rusty Airbox screws

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
Does anybody know where to get a set of replacment airbox bolts?

Mine have gone rustty and wont budge. Bought another which were meant to be fine but they are worse

I dont want to remover the current ones as i suspect it the will break as i remove them

cheers in advance

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
They are only screwed into plastic, I can't see them being too much trouble to remove.

Clio Sport 172 Cup
Just try taking them out. mines were rusty aswell and they came out no bother..i just went to a local scrappy and managed to get decent enough ones there.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Put plenty of weight over them when opening them to avoid damaging head (ideally a ratchet and torx bit) and then chuck them in some Billt-Hammber deox bath, they'll come up like new.

Obviously this is if the head isn't damage.

I think the best thing to do would be to get some hydrate 80, seen people use it in project threads on here with rust. Cure the rust then give them each a quick blip of hammerite black spray.

Thats what I'm going to do when i get round to it.