ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rust on my locking wheels nuts

Black Dynamique 1.4 16v
Anyone had this problem before? my locking wheel nuts are jus full of rust,should i paint the inside of them or how do i get the rust off or whatever??any hints?

Mattsclio! said:
Anyone had this problem before? my locking wheel nuts are jus full of rust,should i paint the inside of them or how do i get the rust off or whatever??any hints?

m8 mine went the same way , bought new 1s of ebay 11quid delivered .

do u ever take it to get washed , they use alot of acidic based cleaners on the alloys to get the muck off which in turn , turned all my nuts brown ................lol:eek:

Black Dynamique 1.4 16v
nah always clean it my self and have only used water to clean wheels so far cos dunno wat to buy for black wheels

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
If its only pathcy surface rust then i would stick some autoglym metal paste stuff on it :)

Mattsclio! said:
nah always clean it my self and have only used water to clean wheels so far cos dunno wat to buy for black wheels

I just use normal mer alloy wheel cleaner, seems to do the job and hasn't damaged them

133/225/CLS AMG
It could well be the wheel cleaner corroding the wheel nuts as they're lacquered like the alloys are!!

Never had any problems with car wash cleaners though, used to take my old 172 to a hand car wash and they used to spray stuff on the wheels and along the bottom of the car and no problems at all. A lot of the time they spray concentrated soapy stuff on the wheels so you should be ok!!! :D

Black Dynamique 1.4 16v
its ok my mum came up with a bright idea and filled the bolts with cillit bang and left them for 10 ins then scrubbed it out with a bit of brillo pad! 1st class mum!!