ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

Qashcow
Looks good mate, get over to Coombe fo sho, I wana see your pretty face.

That rad would be useless for me :( the FMIC is at the bottom so would have about 3 inches of rad actually getting any air sadly

I need to work out some sort of quick release front bumper system, maybe using areocatches.

I need to do the same too, my bumper isn't going to last long. Was looking at it yesterday and looks pretty simple tbh, there's a nice flat edge for it to bolt through.

Evo 5 RS
combe action day is the 9th of april..you best be there! Tis what i'm aiming for

That subframe looks funky, loving your bay now fella xxxxx

sorry I am slightly over the boozeinternet limit if thats possible

TrackCar & F30 330d
Thanks for the nice comments laddos.

I'll deffently be at the Combe Action day so I'll try not be shy and say hello lol, do a few little track sessions too with all those heros lol

I am quite pleased with how its turning out tho :)

Yes you can strip and refinish, however the parts that are being treated need to be single, so without the spherical bearings etc within them. In the case of the top mounts they would need to be completely broken down.

DCi 100
I'm guessing the solid bearings are pressed into the top mounts such as wheel bearings are?

Be a right pain getting them out! Top ring would be simpleish to do though on it's own.

TrackCar & F30 330d
car staying titanium?, get the bumper stitched up at least ;)

I have no intentions of painting it another colour atm, if anything i'd fully strip the car down and get the shell acid dipped and build it up.

All the pannels will sit well when i'm finished putting it back together. They look all gappy because they can be taken off in seconds and sort of droop down.

Also might just keep the little Ring Sting Battle Scar! Its a convosation starter lol

172 5HED
Great read mate, alot gone on since the last time I read this thread!!!

On it with the Vulva alt brackets, any idea what model 440 it was? 8v or 16v? What alt did you go for, is that a cup jobbie??

Evo 5 RS
I have no intentions of painting it another colour atm, if anything i'd fully strip the car down and get the shell acid dipped and build it up.

All the pannels will sit well when i'm finished putting it back together. They look all gappy because they can be taken off in seconds and sort of droop down.

Also might just keep the little Ring Sting Battle Scar! Its a convosation starter lol

true, it does look mean! Just thought maybe as you'd gone to the effort of doing the rest of it including the sodding subframe lol. Acid dipping is effort wouldn't bother

Probably, never looked... I paid £5 for the brackets and already had a Mk1 alternator (which is the same alt the volvos use).. so was far cheaper

Ollie's Silver Cup
Chris, you used VHT paint on the engine iirc? Other than the degreaser before hand, was there any other prep needed? :)

I'll really need to do something with mine (I was thinking matt black) but I'd hate to do it wrong and make it look worse :eek:

TrackCar & F30 330d
can you not just get the kit of ebay and reuse the original alternator?

My volvo brackets cost me £10, my 172 cup alternator cost £55 my belt cost £8

So to delete my AC & PAS is cost me £73 and that kit on the internet is like £350 or somthing.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Chris, you used VHT paint on the engine iirc? Other than the degreaser before hand, was there any other prep needed? :)

I'll really need to do something with mine (I was thinking matt black) but I'd hate to do it wrong and make it look worse :eek:

The only thing you need to do is 100% make sure the engine is very clean, no grease, no dust, no cr*p. and the finish will be great. I used VHT paint on bare metal. :)

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Just looked at the thread again, car looks fecking ace!

Look forward to seeing it at combe!