ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

TrackCar & F30 330d
I still have a little bit of my front arch liners in. Just the bit that goes round the wing and the back of the wheel.

But apart from that, i dont have any issues with dirt. I regulary clean the arches and do bolt checks so it never really get a large build up :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
UPDATE:

So after breaking down coming back from the Nurburgring (20miles from home :) ) I lost a little bit of love for the car. Eventually decided to sort it out and found out the alternator power cable had snapped. After a lot of farting around with other bits and bobs i got the car back together and started here up after a week of nothing.

Went for a cheeky drive with nearly no fule in and only one seat and i fell back in love with it. After not driving it for a little while i forget how fast it really is.

So after the drive i left it sat on my drive, cutting a very long story short my dad was pi**ing around with it showing it to some friends and now it wont start. That was 3 weeks ago and the car still wont start. I recon it the TDC sensor so i bought on 1-2 weeks ago but the retarded Ebay people only just rang me today to tell me thay had none in stock even after i had emailed then a few times.

So the car is still dead but hopefully it'll be running by early next week.

Anyway, I've allways wanted to change my wheels for some really light ones. Kevinhall off here was selling some 15" Silver OZ Ultraleggeras with Dunlop slicks for a very decent price so I snapped them up and put them o for a trial fitting today.

So the car looked like this with the OZ F1's and R888's

IMG_4341.jpg

And now looks like this

IMG_4496.jpg

IMG_4497.jpg

IMG_4499.jpg

IMG_4495.jpg

IMG_4492.jpg

IMG_4501.jpg

I'm not really a massive fan of silver wheels on my car but its a bit of a change and when the slicks are worn to the canvas i'll maybe get them powder coated or rattle can them another colour.

The main reason i bought them is because of the HUGE weight saving i've made

1 OZ F1 with R888 tyre

IMG_4488.jpg

1 OZ Ultraleg with Slick Tyre

IMG_4489.jpg

So a total saving of 20.4kg of unsprung weight

Not sure if i read it of was told it but its the equilevent of taking out just over 60kg from the interiour.

So i'm pretty happy with that little purchase :)

I also bought this the other day (the bottom one)

IMG_4475.jpg

So now i have this :)

IMG_4476.jpg

Its not finished yet, but it will soon and i will have saved 2-3kg from there :)

I need the altrenator belt changing but i want the AC & PAS delete kit.
Also would like a new rad and fan.

All in good time :)

Cro

Meg'd r27
Can't believe you havn't deleted the AC and PAS yet after all the other weight saving stuff. You going to do the lettering on the tyres again? I though it looked awesome on the toyos!

I might have an awesome solution for the radiator, I'll give you a shout!

Hopefully it gets started asap

TrackCar & F30 330d
Do you think the weight saving is just the wheels or will the slicks be lighter also?

Well the R888's weigh 7 or 8 kg and the skicks only weigh 5 or 6 kg so i'm saving a little bit of weight from the tyres :)

Can't believe you havn't deleted the AC and PAS yet after all the other weight saving stuff. You going to do the lettering on the tyres again? I though it looked awesome on the toyos!

I might have an awesome solution for the radiator, I'll give you a shout!

Hopefully it gets started asap

I know i'v been meaning to get rid of it for ages but just keep putting it off because of funds :(

I'm going to use a Seat rad like the Burpspeed boys are using on their race car. Cheap but chearful :)

1kg of saved wheel weight is equivilent to 4kg of rolling weight i believe

SWEEET :)

don't like the stickers

at all...

but it's your car :wink:

TBH i dont really like the stickers with the car on the silver wheels, i think it looked a million times better on the black wheels.

Want a Cup Alternator bracket?

PM me

I was wanting to delet the AC & PAS so i think i'l suck it up and buy the kit. But thanks anyway :)

awesome weight saving on the wheels, glad you have shown that because i need to compare my images to something like the oz ultralegs...

I was so shocked with the difference, cant wait to take it for a midnight drive ;) (when its working )

TrackCar & F30 330d
Finally got my angle grinder today so i could attempt to finish the single wiper conversion. I took my camera out with me evpecting it to take 1 or 2 hours to get it right but it actually only took me 30mins to do and finish so i didnt take any in the end.

So i've just taken one of the finished artical.

IMG_4509.jpg

Saved 3-4 KG in the end and it works really well, and i'm really please as it only cost me £20.

Thats it for now :)

Evo 5 RS
lol nice work buddy. Come up to pod next month would be good to see what it runs with all the extras out

(when you're running the cup setup)

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Nice, I prefer the Ultras. I'd maybe be tempted to do them anthracite just as it looks so good on silver.

Evo 8 MR
You know you've removed the front crossmember to give room for the trumpets, doesn't it make the front end feel sloppy?

TrackCar & F30 330d
You know you've removed the front crossmember to give room for the trumpets, doesn't it make the front end feel sloppy?

Its difficult to say, I didnt notice a difference when it was removed. But when the 13 point cage went in i could tell straight away that the whole car felt a lot tighter.

v.nice car!

i'd like to do much the same with a 182 that i've recently purchased. I live close to you (Cheddington), would be good to meet up and steal all your ideas!?!

Cheers, Matt

TrackCar & F30 330d
v.nice car!

i'd like to do much the same with a 182 that i've recently purchased. I live close to you (Cheddington), would be good to meet up and steal all your ideas!?!

Cheers, Matt

Hi, there are never any big meets near us but when i get my car up and running we'll go for a photo shoot somewhere. Track car Vs Standard Car

If you need any help with fitting stuff just let me know :)

ive only had it a couple of weeks, but have already successfully spent £500 with JMS on their works package. Near terms plans include decent suspension set up, brakes, and some seats.

I'm going to fit a twisted doggystyle mount on the weekend and change the oil (full renault history, complete with 10w 40 as opposed to 5w 40 :clown:). I'm going to pop into Aylesbury and buy a sump plug. Where abouts do you live? Can I come and have a look at what you've done to yours?

Cheers, Matt

TrackCar & F30 330d
UPDATE - Areodynamics

The car is still dead but i decided to do what i had wanted to do ages ago but chickened out.

Now your either going to say today was a waist of time or you'll agree with me that what i have done may help, even if its just a little bit.

So the rear bumper acts as a big parrashoot when driving along and some people use a hole saw and cut out holes in the rear bumper so the air can escape.

Like these -
DSCF0230.jpg

defuseronlift.jpg

Some times it can look good and sometimes it can look naff.

Now with the clio I couldnt decide what to do so i started a thread ages ago on it and 2 pictures came up of what people had done to clios rear bumper

P1030386.gif

25360_1403849894274_1173151375_1178075_234115_n.jpg

But as mine is a 182 i didnt think it would have looked that good.

Anyway this is what i did.

Standard rear bumper

DSC02655.jpg

DSC02663.jpg

So i started by removing the bumper and then the rear bumper trim

DSC02665.jpg

DSC02667.jpg

And finally after some carefull cutting with an angle grinder and file

DSC02669.jpg

DSC02671.jpg

DSC02674.jpg

DSC02676.jpg

I also replaced the right hand exhaust trim as it had snapped and come off, and polished the exhausts.

DSC02678.jpg

DSC02680.jpg

DSC02682.jpg

DSC02684.jpg

So hopefully it'll left the air out and have less drag. I also think it looks quite cool too as you can see the shiny exhaust through the cut out. Also saved a little bit of weight too :)

RS2'd Trophy
I dont think that small void will make that much difference tbh mate but good idea. The honda boys always use the golden eagle rear bumper plate which incorporates large holes like on the EG civic above.

The best bet would be to do as the other clio has done and chop the lot and replace with either a flat or finned diffuser. but like you say the 182 exhaust does get in the way.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
good thinking. imo itll do the same job as having 4/5 holes in the bumper, will provide the effect youre after.

Could always make a CAD model and load it into fluent/gambit (man i miss free time at uni)

TrackCar & F30 330d
good thinking. imo itll do the same job as having 4/5 holes in the bumper, will provide the effect youre after.

Could always make a CAD model and load it into fluent/gambit (man i miss free time at uni)

Now that is a very good but sad idea. I may be sad and make the bumper in solid works and do a bit of CFD haha

Last edited:
  TrackCar & F30 330d
I havnt even driven it on the slicks but when i eventually do it will weigh around 860 kg and with 200bhp then yes i bet it will fly :D

Qashcow
adeyspecracing has the holes like the honda guys, paul did it before that on his black ph1 too and i think looked good but got alot of hate for.

im thinking full on carbon sheet diffuser at some point, need to get good with PS first...

182 Turbo Project
This might sound really stupid, but, why don't you drill holes behind the number plates? As when on the road, you can cover them with the plates, then on track you could just whip the plates off?

My contribution lol...

B