ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ' Lotus Elan

53 Clio's & counting
Loving the lights, but you had the wedge them open with a screwdriver, didn't you? ;)

Flol! the previous owner did LOADS of bits on it, including completely stripping and rebuilding the light mechanisms - i'll grab a photo next time I have the bonnet up - it looks mint all around the lights, brackets etc! He also fitted loads of stainless nuts and bolts around the engine bay - proper looked after it

That looks pretty quick!

ey, it's not too shy :)

Listerine & Poledo
Smart little machine there, loved them since ever.

Didn't Kia build a load as well, Lotus sold the designs and so forth.

The engine is actually an Isuzu unit IIRC? Part of the grand GM parts-bin share (same way that Corsas had Isuzu Diesel engines)

Anyway, forget about all that, that's a lovely car, Id take one in Norfolk Mustard any day....might even give up Listerine for it ;)

53 Clio's & counting

Yup - apparently for the size, weight and power, Lotus decided FWD is faster and safer than RWD - I wouldn't like to be driving a front engined RWD car with such a light rear end and short wheel base -as much as I love RWD I'll trust Lotus to have got this right ;)

Are those K-Swiss where you can slide the stripes up and down!? Epic. Oh and nice car.

Well spotted, I've had them for a good 8 years, most comfortable driving shoes I have lol

Who's is the Maser?

Nice Lotus btw ;)

Previous owner mate, had an Exige S too lol

53 Clio's & counting
Smart little machine there, loved them since ever.

Didn't Kia build a load as well, Lotus sold the designs and so forth.

The engine is actually an Isuzu unit IIRC? Part of the grand GM parts-bin share (same way that Corsas had Isuzu Diesel engines)

Anyway, forget about all that, that's a lovely car, Id take one in Norfolk Mustard any day....might even give up Listerine for it ;)

Yeah they sold the moulds to kia, though it wasn't sold over here, and didn't use any of the running gear or lotus' suspension.

The engine is isuzu, but lotus actually helped design the engine - I thought they had just used it, but after reading up on it they helped design it and thats why the block is small - so it fitted right in the Elans engine bay :)

Agree, they look awesome in mustard, tbh I didn't want another silver Lotus (my Elise was silver) but I couldn't refuse it at the price, plus with the Lotus history it is such a little winner :)

Yup - apparently for the size, weight and power, Lotus decided FWD is faster and safer than RWD - I wouldn't like to be driving a front engined RWD car with such a light rear end and short wheel base -as much as I love RWD I'll trust Lotus to have got this right ;)

Wheel spinning everywhere!!! :)

53 Clio's & counting
It spins in 1st, though it has ten year old tyres on so that may be part of the issue lol.

On track last Saturday it was planted 95% of the time, I could get it to scrabble in 2nd gear but I had to go silly to do it.

Lotus spent a long time developing the chassis to make sure I t had grip and it really does grip! :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Love these - a bloke at work bought a red one recently - although it needs a fair but of work looking at it!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Bump!

Was over at my Managers house today, and she has an Elan under a big blue tarp! She bought it new, but hasnt driven it in over 10 years, just sitting there. It has mice living in the engine bay and we think mice living inside the cab too, as the seats have been eaten pretty bad.

Poor car. (She lives in the country side in a big barn place)

Because the lotus 7 handles so badly :clown:

BG DCI
Dont know how I missed this at the time! Very cool car!

What would you compare its pace to? Whats the BHP meant to be like standard?