ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ 16v's Cup Road Racer Blog.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
With regards to the discs, when fitted in the way that Ben has, they will give a much greater bite but will eat pads.

It makes a huge differnce fitting them this way especially for track days. certainly not advised for normal road use.

Ben I must say this is one of the best threads I have ever rear on CS, the car is coming on leaps and bounds cant wait to see the finished product.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
yer, my loom is tiny now, i completley removed it and then chopped all the sold sensors off.

i, now running a stacl st800 dash and customs dail pods.

just 70% way through my custom fiberglass/carbon fiber doorcards and cup-racer dash

80MPG BEEZA
so where do the wire's actually trace back to? all the airbags went years ago so it had to go just rather have all the wiring gone, i relocated the code reader clip to side the glovebox for now and dont know if the handbrake sensor cable needs to stay, do you need it for mot purposes?

how much was the clio cup dash?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
i custom fabricated a dash for a mould then made a female mould for the fiberglass. its taken around 30 hours and £190 so far LOL

you need the hand brake sensor.

iirc the airbag runs to the uch. so i removed it up to there

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
the tar is piss to get out heatgun and some scrapers to get most off then i used tar remover to get it cleaner then white spirits to properly clean the area.

i used a chisle and hammer at first and made a right mess behind my passenger seat.

very good read this thread allways a fan of big projects. nice one.

80MPG BEEZA
aah so they'll run back down into the uch i think it'll be made easy when i take the bottom half of the dash out, ahh your custom making one its along the lines i was thinking i'd have to take to hold certain instrumentation i was just going to go to an audio builders who do pretty mental stuff and ask them to build it up and flock it for me :)

have you bothered cutting off all the screws that are left poking out of places?

ahhh its so much fun everyone should track prep a car

80MPG BEEZA
the tar is piss to get out heatgun and some scrapers to get most off then i used tar remover to get it cleaner then white spirits to properly clean the area.

i used a chisle and hammer at first and made a right mess behind my passenger seat.

very good read this thread allways a fan of big projects. nice one.

cheers mate so heat gun and scraper, im guessing its soft when they first lay it down then it goes hard as some parts of mine have indentation marks and i cant bloody well mark it now

53 Clio's & counting
iv only just found this thread (russ crawls out from under his rock) fair play ben i liking especailly as she is a blk ph1 :D lol

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
aah so they'll run back down into the uch i think it'll be made easy when i take the bottom half of the dash out, ahh your custom making one its along the lines i was thinking i'd have to take to hold certain instrumentation i was just going to go to an audio builders who do pretty mental stuff and ask them to build it up and flock it for me :)

have you bothered cutting off all the screws that are left poking out of places?

every bolt has been cut out

80MPG BEEZA

every bolt has been cut out

good thats what i was thinking looks rather odd with them still there check my thead to see how far i am :) hoping i get a few hours this week odd trying to get a combination of working loads for extra money and time to spend working on the car as i need to do both!

so how are you running stiff like indicators? as i was looking at a stack earlier and it doesnt have l.e.d's for indicators,headlights etc

and what are you doing with stuff down centre section e.g hazard switch, central locking switch,rear window heater button,heater matrix bits at the bottom?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
i, wiring in LED fors the indictors, for the hazards etc im making a carbon firbre plate, mounting some switchs etc.

also make a relay/uch/fuse board out of carbon fiber

80MPG BEEZA
aahh right i got ya, i already have my horn wired up to a seperate swtich, guess the indicators you could put the symbols above the l.e.d to indicate which is flashing?

how do you know which wire is what on the instrument panel?

it'd be easy enough to make a panel the the head unit goes for certain switches, i just cant get my head round the heater controls at the bottom? only really need a trigger for windscreen blower?

i cant wait to get into it!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
LOL// big bog off here is a electrical engineer! so he works that out LOL/ yer im gona mount the LEDs above the stack. what engine is yours?

80MPG BEEZA
hmm maybe worth getting an electrician in to help!

mines 172 lump but i do have a sunroof, not really sure on what im doing to it tuning wise yet playing between NA and turbo hence why im doing other work first till i can make up my mind, just trying to do something that hasnt been done while making a beast of a car

my rough idea was 850kg and 300bhp and just build around that idea see where it gets me but it sure does get expensive!

mines 172 lump but i do have a sunroof, not really sure on what im doing to it tuning wise yet playing between NA and turbo hence why im doing other work first till i can make up my mind, just trying to do something that hasnt been done while making a beast of a car

my rough idea was 850kg and 300bhp and just build around that idea see where it gets me but it sure does get expensive!

Twin engined?

M2 Competition
The amount of money you're throwing at this car as a single purpose track car, why have you gone for H&R'S dude?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
leda are overated amd expensice IMO ;)

KW's are cack

FK's Lick Bum

GAZ - i may aswell remove all the suspesion completly lol.

I would have to sell an organ to buy GDi ones. LOL

Blistein are too expensive too. :)

TeZ

Non RS : (
Leda's are good ben!

Also have you seen the thread with the Ph-too-quick as they have some tidy Ph1 rally cars in that may interest you on design purposes I.E the roof scoop and bonnets.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Twin engined?

twin engined cars are always shite

80MPG BEEZA
nah not twin engined easy get 300bhp with just one engine its getting the weight down that is my concern

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
hi.

Just a few pics of half the cage, this is not fitted just placed in as the green on there is only the base coat. it has since been given 5 coats of top coat and 3 coats of 2k laqur,

i then had to mark up all the weld points to the floor pan and rear archs, as i am spraying the interior white so dant want to cover these patchs in paint or i will make a rite mess grinding it all down again!

its looks sexy and there is soooo many bars to still fit,

it was really hard to get in never mind remove, at this point now i have fully removed all the dash and even the dash support frame.

i now have to weld all the brace and support plates into the car to mount the cage to. also i have to cut through the bulkhead

i am half way though custom fabricating my new dash..... iw ill upload pictures tomorow of this.... the cage is atcually welded through the bulkhead and even welds to the back of the suspension struts... CRAZY!

heres a few pics

IMG_2115.jpg

IMG_2119.jpg

Still need to remove this s**t off the roof mind!
IMG_2120.jpg

one looking at the rear

IMG_2116.jpg

and a quick one from the front!

IMG_2125.jpg

80MPG BEEZA
thats silcone on the roof is easy to get off ben, just get a stanley knife blade and run it over it, takes it all off no hassle and doesnt mark the roof :)

the foam thats on the bulk head foam/brown, is that supposed to be fireproofing? i took some out today and put a lighter to it and it burnt up which would sudjest it isnt fireproofing and im thinking of removing that

80MPG BEEZA
and i see you interior light hanging down get it removed and your air bag control unit get that sh*t wipped out, i took another load of tar off the floor today already weighs upto 5kg's i wreckon it will actually be around 7kg in total!

Audi TT 225

tbh I think the black and acid green go together really really well....

take the cage out, spray the interior body work black, put cage back in and black buckets and it would look mint!

Black wheels too! Weapon...

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
i dont think white suits the ph1 for somereason ph2 its amazing so unless your faclifting the front imo i wouldnt bother blacks better on the ph1s.

tottaly love everything your doing with this your putting lot of effort in and it should look amazing nice one.

80MPG BEEZA
i cant believe i work this morning at 6 after doing 6 till 6, i went to bed at half 6 and woke up at 5:15 got a few mins and have to go back into work for 12 hours! 6 till 6 again knowone woke me up "i thought you'd gone out" without my car? i have no idea how i just slept over 11 hours......

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
just a few more pictures.

i am making a custom fabricated dash for the car so heres what i have done so far. first of all i had to remove the dash from the car.

old dash in
car002.jpg

there are lots of stupid screws to get at but after a hour or so the dash was fully out. Leaving behine the loom, heater controlls, heater matrix and loom.

here is a pic of the dash removed, loom and heaters still in etc. also at this point you can see why the rail fouls the cage
IMG_2119.jpg

The main reason for the custom dash is that the cage is soo big that it fouls the dash and the steel frame behind it. so i had to make each end of the dash accomidate for the cage.
As my dash will be a custom shape the metal framework behind needed to be shorter, so took the grinder and basically just chopped that end off just after the bracket, i left the bracket on to give support to the frame and also later i would make a fixing point for the new dash.

Then on the passenger side of the frame there is a bracket which
a. Looks awfull and would be visible with the new dash.
b. Had a bar off it again fouling the cage.

so then i wiped out mr grinder and clamped up the dash rail, i cut about 19cm off both tubes and removed the bracket. then i welded one of the cut tubes between the two original tubes giving good support.

next up was to custom fabricat the brack to hold the dash rail in place, so with the off cuts of steel and the old brack i ran a flat peice of 2 mm steel to off the new rail then modified the old bracket to fit onto the original mount. then welded this to the 2mm steel and cut it down to suit.

next bolted it all up and tested the strengh of it....... MINT!

here is some pics of the custom rail and all the heater, loom removed.

IMG_2063.jpg

IMG_2046.jpg

here is a picture of the modified picture of the rail on the drivers side.

IMG_2062.jpg

here is a picture of the MASSIVE loom i had to remove :(

IMG_2048.jpg

and a pic of the heater matrix

to remove the heater do the following

remove the scuttle pannel and remoce two bolts from there, remove the linlet and outlet plumbing and a few bolts inside the car, then it shoudl just come out....pissing water all over your welder :(

IMG_2047.jpg

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
then i remove about 25kgs of the heatproof bulkehead lining! its soo heavy also like a leather lining on it!
very good wieght save.

here is some pics

IMG_2061.jpg

IMG_2060.jpg

Mk4 .:R32
this is gonna be fecking fast. You going to supercharge it? I'm guess it will weigh less than a tonne as well?