ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rushing water sploshing around inside!

Cup Turbo, Flamer
I've got a stripped out cup, and recently after a drive in the rain it sounds like there is a shed load of water sploshing around under where the rear bench would go. I thought it was the fuel tank first of all, but then after a drive i hit the brakes hard and the water came rushing forward and ended up in the passenger footwell.

Any ideas of firstly where the water is collecting and secondly how to get it out?

Is it a possibility that a drainage point being blocked somehwere?

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Deffo not coming from any of the doors/ windows, laid lots of tissue and talc round and nothing! Lol! Baffled!

Ph1 172
Directly under the rear bench is the tank. If its def not petrol, it wont be coming from under that area.

Try the obvious like the spare wheel well as it might be gathering there. If not, the only other place it might accumulate is the rear quarter panels under the rear windows. To access, youll have to remove the plastic panel (where the speakers are). There are some drainage holes at the bottom of these voids and they may be blocked.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Update on this...

Thanks old_jalopy, I checked and that's where the water is!! I've checked all the seals and they are all fine, it wasnt until i was washing my car last night that I relaised where the water was coming in. As i've got a stripped interior you can see the clips where the bump strips are (on the inside of the rear querters) and that's where the water is coming in!!

My question now is, my draining points are obviously blocked as well.....any idea of where they are located, as i cant see them? Inside or outside the car?