ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running with no heatshield

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this or not but anyways..

I've taken the standard carpet heatshield off the bulkhead today as it's filthy and really let's the bay down. I want to replace it with some nimbus heatshield. But will the car be alright driving a little bit until I order some stuff. Probably be next week by the time I gets delivered so ill only be driving over the weekend really.

Cheers

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this or not but anyways..

I've taken the standard carpet heatshield off the bulkhead today as it's filthy and really let's the bay down. I want to replace it with some nimbus heatshield. But will the car be alright driving a little bit until I order some stuff. Probably be next week by the time I gets delivered so ill only be driving over the weekend really.

Cheers

should be mate Fraser run with his off for a while just had a small bit nimbus covering his master cylinder and has just fitted a full size piece of nimbus the other week

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Cool, I think MG cup ran his other 172 for a while with nothing. Just read a couple of bits of his thread and going by the photos there was nothing there.

Just trying to clean this b*****d header tank but it's disgusting. Pain in the arse with no dishwasher

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Cool, I think MG cup ran his other 172 for a while with nothing. Just read a couple of bits of his thread and going by the photos there was nothing there.

Just trying to clean this b*****d header tank but it's disgusting. Pain in the arse with no dishwasher

I think I saw on another forum that filling it up with baking soda and water solution and leaving it overnight cleans it out thoroughly!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Ahright ok. I'm using limescale remover stuff at the moment but it doesn't seem to be budging. I can wipe it off the inside with my fingers but it's the bits I can't get to that are annoying. Cheers

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
It's soaking now with a mixture of limescale stuff and baking soda. I covered all holes up and gave it a shake, f**king thing near exploded when I took my fingers off the holes hahaha.

Cheers guys

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I don't want to run it long term with nothing and I also think the nimbus looks quite good. A bit this sort of size should be fine though, maybe a little bigger on the drivers side.

6ezyquza.jpg

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Aye yours looks perfect. Where did you get it from btw? I seen there's some on ebay. Not sure if that's cheap or what though

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I had the car out a very short drive earlier, about 5 minutes driving after warming up on the drive. It was very hot. I don't think I'll drive it much with no protection so ill chop the standard bit down to just the heatshield and stick that but back on until the nimbus arrives.

Really looks smart compared to the Renault s**t