ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSTuning RR Day

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Yeah that's me mate, still have the Trophy, as a few of the lads (and girls, CA ;)) know it's away getting a new fancy turbo set up done. When it's finished it'll be the most extreme, standard looking Clio 182 ever. If carlsberg made Clio trophys this would be it, think six speed LSD and 500 Bhp :D

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Yeah that's me mate, still have the Trophy, as a few of the lads (and girls, CA ;)) know it's away getting a new fancy turbo set up done. When it's finished it'll be the most extreme, standard looking Clio 182 ever. If carlsberg made Clio trophys this would be it, think six speed LSD and 500 Bhp :D
holy s**t. youre from up here arent you? take me for a ride pweeeesh! i cant find any pics of it on here :( or the build lol! pm me some?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
It was a cracking day had a reet laugh with CA and Co. just need to get a car thats quick now so i can show Adam and Kris what power real cars produce ;)

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Did anyone work out who the hell those 2 "12 year olds" who spluttered off badly in the blue 197 were? Swear to god that was a weird thing to see as they tried to drive off and stalled it lol!

On a different note, fantastic meet and hats off to Jon g! I may be officially in Yorkshire region but will deffo attend nw meets now too!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Did anyone work out who the hell those 2 "12 year olds" who spluttered off badly in the blue 197 were? Swear to god that was a weird thing to see as they tried to drive off and stalled it lol!

On a different note, fantastic meet and hats off to Jon g! I may be officially in Yorkshire region but will deffo attend nw meets now too!

Was the driver young looking aswell? I thought it was a bloke and his son lol!

That's good to hear mate! Nice to meet you too!

1.6 Zetec S went on the rollers. Bet he wishes he didnt now though.

Rhys also wishes he didn't.

SC Ph1 172 and M140i
It was a cracking day had a reet laugh with CA and Co. just need to get a car thats quick now so i can show Adam and Kris what power real cars produce ;)

Aww group hug, but was one of the funniest meets yet!

The 2 guys in the 197 were very young.

172 Cup
Looks like a cracking day, im fooking wounded that i missed out! :(

C'mon then lets have all the results.

Nimbus Megane R26
Sometimes its good to go on a RR as more of a diagnostics check more than anything else though. So those that didnt make power know theres something wrong that they otherwise, wouldnt have known about.

Abarth 500 Esseesse
Sometimes its good to go on a RR as more of a diagnostics check more than anything else though. So those that didnt make power know theres something wrong that they otherwise, wouldnt have known about.

+1. Now that I know my timing is out, I can go and get it sorted!

Aye, Paul definitely knows his stuff.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Specky left the ATW power on screen when he ran it so scare Al ;)

It made 116hp

Ahhh I wondered what had gone on. I asked what the power was because we all saw like 96 etc and were like oh dear, then someone came over and fiddled with the computer and it was reading 116, thought he was trying to make him feel better :p

Nimbus Megane R26
+1. Now that I know my timing is out, I can go and get it sorted!

I was stood right near you when he said that and i said to my mate, bet its northwest performance that did his cambelt. Someone said it was NWP that did it, was it? They are getting a bad rep on here, i paid the extra when i had my 182 and went to birchdown. Get my R26 serviced there now, take it there mate i was talking to them and they have done a few cambelt timings that NWP have mucked up. Yours was the bean with black wheels? Loved it, lowered i presume? looks spot on!

330 Ci
I was stood right near you when he said that and i said to my mate, bet its northwest performance that did his cambelt. Someone said it was NWP that did it, was it? They are getting a bad rep on here, i paid the extra when i had my 182 and went to birchdown. Get my R26 serviced there now, take it there mate i was talking to them and they have done a few cambelt timings that NWP have mucked up. Yours was the bean with black wheels? Loved it, lowered i presume? looks spot on!

Yeah he had it done at NWP - not a great ad for them :S I've had hit and miss experience with them too.. think anything major i'd personally be tempted to get it done at Birchdown as it appears to be well worth the little extra that it costs to get them to do it.

Heres your video from the RR Ty:
[video=vimeo;32741222]http://vimeo.com/32741222[/video]

and Mikes :)
[video=vimeo;32740405]http://vimeo.com/32740405[/video]

... and mine :p (confirming what alot have said about RR days helping spot areas where the car needs work doing.
[video=vimeo;32738904]http://vimeo.com/32738904[/video]

Moonlight Blue 225

Im either gonna get mine done there or with fred. Fred @ btm has always done me good, i know its a fair drive but if i get the service i don't mind.

Abarth 500 Esseesse

Aye! Cheers mate that's mah bean! Yeah it's sitting on Ktec coilovers at the mo.

TT 225
I agree that even if you weren't really that bothered about knowing what your car was putting out, that it was good to actually see if it was healthy or not. I found out that I actually had a really bad map where it looked like all someone had done was turned the boost up. I had good initial torque (285) then it trailed off quite quickly after 4000rpm and only made 212.5bhp

Hopefully I'll be back there before Christmas to get a remap and set up running properly.

Was a good day out and had a good laugh! Even I it was at my expense :-/