ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSTuner

172 Clio Sport
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if any of you know what the difference in the following CAL files listed on the rstuning website.

6400_2A07 RON98 aug 2008 .cal
6400_5402 RON98 aug 2008 .cal

Im running the 2A07... Are they the same cals or is there a difference. I can see for that it has been updated on the 10th March 2009.

Gal

A Clee O
Just out of interest as I don't have one at the moment (on groupbuy). Is there a reason why there not using the 6500 5404 as that was updated in december or is there something on the ECU that should be looking out for that ties up with these files.

I'm sure its all in the instructions but if there is another file thats later surely that would be better?

Sorry if that sounded stupid

Clio RS 172
Sorry i have the question on RSTUNER... working on all clio rs??...Because ia have a clio rs 172 years 00'...and this car have a Siemens Sirius 32...I say this ecu is not possible emulate...

How many maps stock have with the RSTuner...it's possible creat a personal map???

TY!

I dont think you can create a personal map. All the files are on the fastchip website, you have to find the ones appropriate to your car.

Q: Where can I find the right engine calibration file for my car?
A:Look at the status bar of the RSTuner screen after connection,to read the vehicle identification number VIN. For example : VF1 BM0M 0629638376.
Go to the BM0M directory on the ECU calibration download page.

The highlighted bit is what you need to find out :)

Gal

A Clee O
Yeah I'm covered I have a CB1N.

Listed on V5 as well for those like me who can't be bothered to walk out to the car.

:)

172 cup
guys how simple are these rs tuners to use?would you say there better than a remap?if you buy one of these second hand what do you have to do to get them working ive heaard you have to get them unlocked

Matty

Gal

A Clee O
guys how simple are these rs tuners to use?would you say there better than a remap?if you buy one of these second hand what do you have to do to get them working ive heaard you have to get them unlocked

Matty

I think you need to buy a car license from the fastchips.nl site from what I read on there.

How have to buy a 49 euro license to be able to use it on your car.

Having remapped mine using the RSTuner kit on Saturday, I can say it is a piece of piss to use, takes quite a while, but very easy.

I havent driven it enough to notice huge differences yet, but I may report my findings later on :)

And for 49 euros, it's hardly breaking the bank, much less than a pro remap, and if you dont like it, you can reload the original map (if you backed it up!)

03 RS clio 172 flameR
Just out of interest as I don't have one at the moment (on groupbuy). Is there a reason why there not using the 6500 5404 as that was updated in december or is there something on the ECU that should be looking out for that ties up with these files.

I'm sure its all in the instructions but if there is another file thats later surely that would be better?

Sorry if that sounded stupid

no difference matie, cant be arsed go into detail but trust me.