ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RsTuner Fastchip Map question

Hi all,

Recently bought a 182 Trophy and reading the ECU with the Rstuner and it shows a map;
8200326733 8200 7c03 29/08/2009
8200326733 8200 7804 29/08/2009
Clearly this map is from 2009 would I benefit buying the lastest revision of this map or hasn't it changed that much over the 7 years.
Any advice please.

Thanks,

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I could be wrong as I haven't used RSTuner but I'm pretty sure the 98RON map has remained the same.

Can't get any clarification from Henk, he closed my ticket without reply on Fastchip due to me not actaully buying anything but wanting info, I know he left here many years ago, did he ever come back?, it's ridiculous you can't ask any questions on Fastchip without an order number.

Maybe someone with a 98RON map on Clio2 CB22 could check if the version is the same as mine, I doubt it will be but are the changes worth spending 89 Euro's on.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Chances are the map is pretty much identical.
To be fair the map doesn't do much for power, it just fixes the crap job Renault did in the first place.

If the idle is decent and the power delivery smoother then keep the car as it is.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Henks maps are actually very good so I've been told. Locking the ecu is an ass but efi can sort that. I'm going to get back in touch with efi to put mine on the rollers and see it's okay etc

All I can say from personal experience and spending money with Henk, is don't bother.

The guy is great at replying to your email(s) before you've paid and f**king terrible at it afterwards. If you want to get a remap, spend a little extra and get a decat/matched inlets or something to make it more worthwhile and then go to a reputable tuner who won't lock up your ECU. 98Ron map isn't bad, but it's really not all that and IME not worth the money/time to put on the car.

Once he's got your money (or unless you're paying him more) he's really not interested in helping you either.