ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RStuner Calibration file correct?

Clio 182
Is this okay?

RSTuner- 8200---7804
Current - 8000---7802

Sorry about the RStuner post!

Arctic Blue 182
It tells you if its wrong if i remember.

As long as you have updated the ECU with the tuner before doing the update you should be fine.

Henk should sent you two files and there are plenty of guides. Update ECU is the long one and then adding the map is the quick one if that helps..

Clio 182
It tells you if its wrong if i remember.

As long as you have updated the ECU with the tuner before doing the update you should be fine.

Henk should sent you two files and there are plenty of guides. Update ECU is the long one and then adding the map is the quick one if that helps..

I don't see anything on updated the ECU :/

Arctic Blue 182
maybe yours doesn't need it.

These are the instruction i got on email when Henk sent me the files. I was naughty and didnt bother charging my battery as i know its strong.

Many Thanks, please find attached file(s).

Important (!): Loading up our performance calibration will ALWAYS void Factory powertrain Warranty.
Also ECU programming access may be limited to RSTuner VCI only. Even if you do program it back to stock.
By doing so, you agree to these terms.

Make sure you know how to put your car on FULL ignition !
http://fastchip.nl/manual/#3.0

Do NOT use a guide from the forum(s) but instead use the following instructions !
Do NOT open the attached calibration file (.cal) with any other program than RSTuner software !

1) Read the reprogramming instructions FIRST !
2) Backup your ECU configuration if applicable.
3) Backup your original .cal with the 'read cal' function.
4) Do not attempt to reprogram the ECU in freezing conditions.

First update your ECU software to _8200_7804.rst.
Takes about 30 minutes. Recharge Battery before next step.

Next apply the RON 97/98 performance .cal, which requires RON 97 or higher quality fuel.

Arctic Blue 182
okay now looking at your first post it looks like you are updating the ecu. after that update is when you load the .cal with the new map on it.

Clio 182
maybe yours doesn't need it.

These are the instruction i got on email when Henk sent me the files. I was naughty and didnt bother charging my battery as i know its strong.

Many Thanks, please find attached file(s).

Important (!): Loading up our performance calibration will ALWAYS void Factory powertrain Warranty.
Also ECU programming access may be limited to RSTuner VCI only. Even if you do program it back to stock.
By doing so, you agree to these terms.

Make sure you know how to put your car on FULL ignition !
http://fastchip.nl/manual/#3.0

Do NOT use a guide from the forum(s) but instead use the following instructions !
Do NOT open the attached calibration file (.cal) with any other program than RSTuner software !

1) Read the reprogramming instructions FIRST !
2) Backup your ECU configuration if applicable.
3) Backup your original .cal with the 'read cal' function.
4) Do not attempt to reprogram the ECU in freezing conditions.

First update your ECU software to _8200_7804.rst.
Takes about 30 minutes. Recharge Battery before next step.

Next apply the RON 97/98 performance .cal, which requires RON 97 or higher quality fuel.

I got the exact same, I know what i've gotta do I think but my .cal files just says attachment.cal. Doesn't look right to me? its usualy like 98ronblahblah.cal

Arctic Blue 182
name shouldn't matter mate. its whats in the file that matters.

I got two files, Ones an .rst for the ecu update and ones the .cal for the map.

Can`t help you beyond this mate as I just followed the instructions above and it all worked fine.

Clio 182
name shouldn't matter mate. its whats in the file that matters.

I got two files, Ones an .rst for the ecu update and ones the .cal for the map.

Can`t help you beyond this mate as I just followed the instructions above and it all worked fine.

Well thanks for you're help, you've been super helpful ha :) Think i've got it now.

Arctic Blue 182
Oh and enjoy it!

Quite funny the first time you go to pull away and then just serious fun when you get to open her up a bit :)