ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS6 to be 610bhp

Monaro VXR
Love Audi's but thats actually quite a decent gain over what the engine in turbo guise is likely giving out without the turbo's.

You cant just bolt 2 turbo's to an engine without drastically changing the internals. Thus reducing power to make it more turbo friendly different compression ratio etc will all rob a bit of power. And theres probably likely to be 1 small turbo giving decent low mid range grunt and 1 big turbo taking over at the top end when the others ran out of puff.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
that will be a monster i love the rs range one day my numbers will come up

Evo 8 Jap Crap
TBH audi are always playing catchup. M power rules the roost

BMW bring out the big power saloons and then audi just waits for a bit to bring out something more powerful.

If the M5 can hit 190mph then that RS6 has got to hit at least 200 :D

Last edited:
  Monaro VXR

BMW bring out the big power saloons and then audi just waits for a bit to bring out something more powerful.

Yeah but there is a simple fact you have overlooked.

BMW's look shite.

Audi's look nice.

I just can't stand the looks of the new BMW's. And for me to spend that kind of money on an M series BMW it has to look good....which they dont.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
What they look like is a matter of opinion, i dont think bmw are really bothered.

People buy them because they know they are going to handle and go like stink.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Drove the original RS6, AMAZING! My old engine buiilders car, he chickened out at 196mph! Would of hit 200! MTM stage 2 tunin i think.

MKIII 138
he chickened out at 196mph! Would of hit 200! MTM stage 2 tunin i think.

still takes some to do 196 mph if it was its vmax he wouldnt be a chicken ?

btw hardly any bmws go like stink, they mainly just look stink

Broken Diesel Megane :(

who cares if it can hit 200mph?

how many of you will achieve that anywhere?

i would rather have a car that looks good (audi), handles well (4wd audi) and can get to 60mph in blistering pace (audi). got to remember, its a 4 door saloon that will also weigh around 1800kg i would guess probaly nearer the 2 tonne mark. so for it to get to 60, in under 5 secs say is phenomenal.

guess which i would have??? :rasp:

MKIII 138
guess which i would have??? :rasp:

non you cant afford one

;)

btw MTM tuning will surley tune to beyond 700bhp ? on a reliable day to day basis thats got to be some serious brakes that thing needs to stop 2 tonnes from 180+ mph !!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I'm loving these huge powered saloons lately! M5's, RS6's, E55's and now the Panamera! Finally the days have came where you dont need an "un reliable" supercar to go mental fast!

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
favourite car !
awesome machinery.

i cream myself over that RS6 ali's talking about. see it on the way to my dads all the time. theres always a gold m3 beside it.

The Bus and MRT
I'm pretty sure the E60 M5 does 200mph anyway.... I'd love any M series beemer, not a fan of the standard variants bar the 535 and 335 coupe models.

Anyone got a pic of the RS6... sure I saw one the otherday, cammo'ed but still looking fantastic

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
M's are a rich mans Impreza/Evo. No class whatsoever.

The Audi is the more subtle, understated machine and in recent years, is the better drive as well.

Monaro VXR
Audis make me yawn.

The recent BMW's do look frigging awful. There either ugly or just plain dull and boring.

I know there good to drive but I cant spend that kind of money on something if it doesn't look nice too.

The M6 is possibly one of the ugliest cars on the road right now. Awful!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Ive found the old stats for the evo fast fleet audi RS6 they had back in 2002

Date acquired: Sept 2002

Total mileage: 42,150

Duration of test: 16 months

Average consumption: 19.7mpg

Servicing costs: £1396

Consumables: £1680 (tyres), £1854

Extra costs: £0

Price new: £62,045

Depreciation: £18,045