ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner query

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
@Chip-mk1 @MartinR @Fastchip

Guys, Henk,

I've bought a reprog license and a 98 ron map from Henk. He sent back last night only one 'file'. Following MartinR's guide here (http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?667018-RStuner-guide) I was expecting both an RST file and a Cal file. The file Henk has sent over is titled;

RST_BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA stg98ron.Cal

It almost seems to be a combined file for both the RST and Cal. If it is combined, do I write it once to the ECU. Or once to the 'write cal' or use the same file twice and write it to both ECU and Cal?

I've emailed Henk, but I was hoping to map it today, so an urgent response is needed.

Cheers in advance :)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Hi mate,

That is only the cal file, you also need the ecu software which will end .rst not .cal

Post up the full file name so people know which version you need then someone can send it you!

That is what I thought, but unsure why Henk would send one and not the other...

The full file name is;

RST_EL_3059_Clio_172_6500_5404_STG1_98RON_0312.Cal

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sounds like just a mistake on his part, unless its changed how they work, its normally two files.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'm hoping he'll come back pretty quick as it is booked in for its MOT on wednesday. Will it be ok to run on the old 438 map of death for the MOT?

I would think it should still cope with passing the MOT as it only needs to manage lambda control at 3Krpm at part throttle to do that, but I cant guarentee it sadly.

Bit late in here lol.

Looks to be sorted now.

7300 is normally just a cal write which doesn't need rst file first.

6500 etc needs rst as far as im aware. Henk's sorted it anyway.

Good luck :)

(http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showt...-RStuner-guide)
Is outdated, please dont refer to it. Instructions come by email from me.
Has already several people running into problems. Please read my email to avoid problems.

If your instructions are anything to go by the previous i have read they make no sense at all.

But hey ho mine are out dated yes. So i shall see about getting it removed.

Maybe you could post a guide in the guides section for those who buy second hand etc.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
(http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showt...-RStuner-guide)
Is outdated, please dont refer to it. Instructions come by email from me.
Has already several people running into problems. Please read my email to avoid problems.

Ok, thanks. Having looked at it, I need to fire the engine up properly after the map, which I can't do until i've replaced the starter motor so I can't map it today now anyway. Thanks for the prompt response :)

If your instructions are anything to go by the previous i have read they make no sense at all.

Maybe you could post a guide in the guides section for those who buy second hand etc.

The copy I received 2 months ago make no sense, so used your guide which worked perfectly!

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
The copy I received 2 months ago make no sense, so used your guide which worked perfectly!

Exactly the same as me. I came across a problem unfortunately. Henk said I needed to buy another unlock code or wait for the new software to come out.
When is the new software out Fastchip

No need to feel offended. Its a very useful guide. However some people ran into problems by using the guide instead of following the email instructions.

FF 182
Sorry to butt in here, but, i have a question for Henk.

If i order the rstuner, instead of the stage 1 map thats included, can you put the 98ron map on instead?
Fastchip

Thanks.

MartinR I found the guide very useful and without it I would have struggled to follow the emailed instructions from Fastchip. The combination of being able to see in picture form instead of having to interpret written instructions was really good. I wouldn't have felt confident with the instructions only and probably wouldn't have felt confident putting the map on my car.

Would it not be worth considering just doing creating a updated comprehensive guide + pics and putting it in the guides section Fastchip ?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
So, if one wants to install the 98Ron map now, what do they do exactly? Can anyone who has recently gone through this process knock up a quick guide or take Martin's and amend it?

Thanks.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
So, if one wants to install the 98Ron map now, what do they do exactly? Can anyone who has recently gone through this process knock up a quick guide or take Martin's and amend it?

Thanks.

Basically follow MartinR's guide in terms of purchase and backing up both the ECU file and the Cal. File. Then just write the Cal. File. So you miss out the write ECU file stage.

I did mine at the weekend. Cars not MOT'd so I can't drive it but it told me the cal was successfully written on when it finished.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
This is what I received from Henk.
"1) Read the reprogramming instructions FIRST !2) Backup your ECU configuration if applicable.
3) Backup your original .cal with the 'read cal' function.
4) Do not attempt to reprogram the ECU in freezing conditions.

First update your ECU software to xxxxxxxxxx_xxxx_xxxx.rst.
Takes about 30 minutes. Recharge Battery before next step.

Next apply the RON 97/98 performance .cal"

What exactly do I need to do step by step?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
You need to do what he has said. Both ECU and Cal need backing up. Then write the ECU file (RST) then write the Cal file. Basically, follow MartinR's guide on here.

Some people don't need to do the RST file.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
You need to do what he has said. Both ECU and Cal need backing up. Then write the ECU file (RST) then write the Cal file. Basically, follow MartinR's guide on here.

Some people don't need to do the RST file.

What buttons to press to back up?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Ok, so I'll have to get in touch with Henk from the off to find out what I need to write.

One question I have - in the guides on fastchip site it says about charging the battery while carrying out ECU write, does everyone actually do this? I have no idea how long the battery will last with the ignition on.