ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner Answers

Fiesta ST Stage 3
I have read afew posts on the RS tuner but still have a few questions ,

From what I have read the unit levels out the power and gives a bit more torquelower in the rev range .

Most people seem to say it is a good mod but what is the overall advantage ofthis unit as it will not add BHP or torque so I read .

Is it more the throttle response and the extra torque low down ?

Alan

Ph 1 172
Much better idle
seems to smooth the torque curve out so there is more power across the rev range not just 5k and above
better mpg (in my case)
just a better driving experience with better throttle response to be honest I changed back recently to see if I could see any difference, went straight back to my rs tuner map as its like night and day. Hard to explain but one of the best mods I've done.

172 Cup
^ thats what iv heard too. I am about to start the process of remapping my 172 Cup with the RSTuner but im trying to figure out if there is a specific map for a 172 compared to a 182, the fastchip website only has 1 standard map available on the site but im thinking they will send you the map specific to your car once you have sent them the screenshot.

any thoughts?

Ph 1 172
Yeah get the screen shot and send it off and you will get the specific map for your car.... All depends which ecu you have to which map you want. Don't bother getting tge launch control map though its tge most pointless thing ever.(I know I have it does nothing other than lower your rev limit in first gear when below 5mph from what I gather.

for the map message Fast chip (henk if I remember rightly) there is also a guide in the guide section on how to do it exactly as well

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
the RSTuner does smooth out the pre-5k dip a bit (its not really noticeable), but as you can see from my side-by-side graphs, it doesn't do anything dramatic.

rr5.jpg

same graphs overlaid....

rr6.jpg

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
the RSTuner does smooth out the pre-5k dip a bit (its not really noticeable), but as you can see from my side-by-side graphs, it doesn't do anything dramatic.

btw I meant here that the 5k kick is not really noticeable anymore. After reading it back, my post could have been read like the difference wasn't really noticeable, which is not the case as it is very noticeable! the comparison startf rom 3k as I believe everything before that is just run-up.

Last edited: