ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner - Airbag Module

So I bought an RS Tuner, with all the trimming and it's sorted my ABS issues, but when it comes to the airbags, it's having none of it.

Airbag errors are these
qfuBJoB.jpg

To which I do the following
mVIUVuN.jpg

And all I get is
aO8Gm5C.png

Not sure what the issue is, and would like it turned off before the MOT in a few weeks...

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
I didn't thing rstuner could clear a triggered airbag ecu?

Usually they need wiping / replacing before they can be edited once triggered

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
ignore me, I misread the photos on your post this morning on my phone screen.
looking at it on the laptop it doesn't say what I thought

BG182ff,explod Focus
There are no pretensioners on the rear belts so those two should be turned off.
The steering wheel airbag is showing too, has the wheel been removed at any point or an after market one fitted?
If it's an after market job then turning it off should do the trick otherwise check the wiring for damage and the connectors are correctly fitted.

Is the problem that you have tried to do this and you get the error message?

BG182ff,explod Focus
Has the airbag light always been on since you've owned the car? If it worked previously then I'd still say check all the wires and connections remembering to disconnect the battery and give some time for stored charge to dissipate.
The airbag computer could have been triggered previously, in which case you'll need to replace it with a working one. Someone with CLIP should be able to tell you if it has.
I think you'll also need CLIP to set up the replacement so it works in your car. It that's right, it might have already been replaced but not set up correctly.

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Yes and no, the light goes away at points but always comes back, led to believe it's the plug under the driver seat deteriorating and throwing up the fault, so the plan was to just turn off the drivers seat airbag but I keep getting errors, I'll see if I can get someone with clip to look at it

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
There are plugs on the rear seatbelts, you will have unplugged them when you removed the reels (if you've removed all the rear belts). You need to put the resistor trick to good use - i had the same issue, so went to a local garage (one mechanic is ex Renault, the other is a rally driver), they soon pointed out that its because of the plugs. Resistors in, RSTuner in, fault codes gone.
Steering wheel airbag one went straight off. Mine shows no airbag related faults on my RSTuner (I only have a passenger seatbelt and airbag atm)

Edit: also, check the plugs are pressed together correctly. My passenger seat wiring gets caught on the CD Changer every so often when moving the seat and it pulls the plug slightly apart causing the lights to come on on the dash.

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Mines are still in, however when I sent the screenshot away for the map file they told me my battery was fucked and the voltage was too low for a remap, I'm thinking this might be the fact the battery is a lower voltage cause it's guided and it won't allow the ecu write, I'm gunna get a new battery on the way home from work and try again tonight, shall report my findings

So I've raised a ticket on Fastchip, and they have advised that you can't turn off red error codes. Bugger.

What I would need to do is reattach the airbags and then deactivate them before disconnecting them. Trouble is, to do that, I'd need to be in possession of the airbags first, which I am not, because I don't own the seats, etc any more.

What I wonder now is, if I removed my airbag ECU, and dropped it into a car which has all airbags connected, could I program out the fault codes through their car, then put the airbag ECU back into my car and have the errors stay gone?

Bump

Was trying to do my mates car today and getting the exact same issue as this. Did anyone find a way around it?