ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rs stamped inlets?

phase 2 172
I have a 2003 phase 2 172 .My question is will my car have rs stamped inlets ?How can i tell without taking my car to bits .Am i right in thinking if i do have rs stamped inlets there will be no need to get my inlets matched for extra gains?.cheers

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
It will be fairly hard work to see the stamp without getting it off unless your already doing other bits to the car, they are meant to be better outta the factory yeah so your unlikely to see as much of a gain from matched items.

RS RIP
dentist-mirror (?) down the front past the fuelrailguard and you'll be able to see the lower inlet manifold

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
if your 172 has cruise control and traction control you have it cause my 53plate 172 had it

Its normally 182's that have them as standard, seems to be totally random though so doubt this statement isn't true for everyone who has cruise & traction control.

Black Gold Trophy
It's only two 10mm nuts to remove the fuel rail guard.
It seems to be pot luck whether the 172s have them, but every 182 I've ever worked on has them.

I think the RS stamped ones are only marginly better than the rest. Every pair I've ever taken off always look like they would be worth matching.

clio 172 corsa turbo300hp
Its normally 182's that have them as standard, seems to be totally random though so doubt this statement isn't true for everyone who has cruise & traction control.

my 53 plate had it and that was from brand new. from a family member who dont play with there cars so worth asking people who have 53 plate 172 with traction control and cruise control to see if they have the rs inlets

b/g 182, meg tourer
remove fuel rail guard then you will see if its stamped or not.

mine is an rs stamped one and i have had it matched. the people that did it said it was worthwhile doing it. not had it back on the rr yet tho. matched inlets are a fairly small gain and rs matched inlets will be a smaller gain. i had it done very cheap and the car was in for some work anyway so thats why i did it, i may not have bothered otherwise.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Pretty sure someone on here has ported the head too (a'la 197/200 models with larger ports iirc). Anyone know what the porting is like on the old cup racer lumps or were they pretty much standard?

Ph1
I have a 2003 phase 2 172 .My question is will my car have rs stamped inlets ?How can i tell without taking my car to bits .Am i right in thinking if i do have rs stamped inlets there will be no need to get my inlets matched for extra gains?.cheers

You would still get gains, the exact same end result as any inlet but the overall difference would be felt less due to the initial RS one being apparently better in stock trim.