ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rs Grille - colour coded ?

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
cars going in to get colour coded

bumpers, handles, spoiler etc

has anyone sprayed there rs grille black as the bluey colour is a bit out of place ?

my clios black aswell so think the grille doesnt look right

anyone any pics of this been done before, pics muchly appriecated

cheers

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Dont do it, will look Shite, get a photoshop done from someone on here, you will see what im talking about..

DCi 100
Pritty sure someone has done all their grille's and inserts in gloss black before, possibly a guy with a silver car but can't remember for sure.

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
Dont do it, will look s**te, get a photoshop done from someone on here, you will see what im talking about..

tbh mate i think it looks shite in that blueey colour doesnt match anything epecialy because i have cf bonnet looks the bluey grille looks totaly out of place :dead: but if someone has pics and it looks crap im sure i will be persuaded not to do it plus it saves me pennys

cheers

F56 MINI Cooper S
As its black it would probably look pretty good, where as silver would look shocking colour coded.

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
may leave it and do it after bumpers etc have been done see how it looks but would be good to see some pics of it looking "too shiny and cheap." first before making my asumption (sp)

Ibiza FR
Maybe get it done matte/ satin black so it isnt glossy? will take away the blue-ness and make it easier to clean :)

EP3 Civic Type R
Why would it look cheap? If the plastic fades, surely some fresh paint looks much better.

If done properly it won't chip. Mines been done around 6months now. Grille, splitter, fog surrounds etc to match the wheels. Mines satin so it's not 'too' glossy.

IMG_2438.jpg

BG 182 FF
As said before as long as you do it so it aint shiney it will work.
Then colour code your bumper mouldings and side strips and will look great :)

kjf

RSC172 ph2
How did you go about removing the grille between the foggies?
Similarly the one at the top, how do you remove it? (from the front bar i mean)

I just put my front bar back on about 2 days ago before I found this thread and I love the idea. Mine are a horrible faded metallic-ish blue and it's not very pleasing to the eye.

Satin black ftw.

DCi 100
Only one Alex at the mo- will try and get another for you tomorrow

IMG_2464.jpg

Totally forgot about the thread :eek: Cheers for pic!

Bottom centre grille should clip out backwards towards the engine then be able to get it out under the bumper depending on how low it is as far as I'm aware.

Evo 8 MR
I've seen Mish's in the flesh and it looks surprisingly good, I couldn't work out why at first but then I realised it'd been painted, it's not very common at all but it works.

I think parky has done his too.