ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS 200 Maintenance Advice?

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Hi guys,

Heard that things commonly go wrong with these cars. What tips can you give me that will prolong the life of parts such as the gearbox?

Should I take it to the Renault Garage if I need things done or are they a "Yeah we've done it" but actually haven't type of place?

Thanks.

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Make sure the clutch pedal is all the way down not just 3/4.

Do this anyway, my foot rockets to the floor! I'll be sure to keep an eye out though.

Learn to heel and toe/match revs.

Also do this. However, the test drive yielded a completely different clutch on the Gordini. In my TCE the clutch was about quarter of an inch from the top and was very weak before that. The Gordini was literally half an inch off the floor before the clutch came in; hard. Something I've got to get used to I suppose/

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Do this anyway, my foot rockets to the floor! I'll be sure to keep an eye out though.

Also do this. However, the test drive yielded a completely different clutch on the Gordini. In my TCE the clutch was about quarter of an inch from the top and was very weak before that. The Gordini was literally half an inch off the floor before the clutch came in; hard. Something I've got to get used to I suppose/

The throttle response is s**t on these when not pressing on so be sure to give the throttle a hell of a t**t when blipping it

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Seized pads

the fronts require a annual strip down IMO

On the test drive, the brakes were absolute shyte. I actually overshot a roundabout three times and thought it was extremely dangerous. So much so, I didn't feel confident driving it. It was like being a learner driver and getting that excited-nervous feeling again. Employee mentioned it was like that because it was sitting for a while. This what you are referring to or just completely seized pads?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
They seize into the carriers, and you will experience crap braking performance

They require the pads stripping, cleaning and refitting. Sometimes the pins will be seized too, which can be pricey to replace. Have a wee search round

:)

Clio RS 200 Gordini
They seize into the carriers, and you will experience crap braking performance

They require the pads stripping, cleaning and refitting. Sometimes the pins will be seized too, which can be pricey to replace. Have a wee search round

:)

Is there a HOW TO for this? Can save myself a few £££. I'm far from a car mechanic.

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Just an update, I took the car from the garage and within 30 minutes I noticed the discs were warped. Renault are paying for it all - I've got the appointment Friday at 9:00.

Is this a common problem? I assumed that these cars would come with vented discs?

GTD, Lupo
Just an update, I took the car from the garage and within 30 minutes I noticed the discs were warped. Renault are paying for it all - I've got the appointment Friday at 9:00.

Is this a common problem? I assumed that these cars would come with vented discs?

They are vented, I guess you are thinking drilled and grooved. Strip down is easy, jack up, wheels off, use a hammer and drift to tap out pins, remove retaining clip, wiggle the pad out and lever it back and forth to reset piston. Give the pads a good rough up with a wire brush or harsh sand paper. I used a brake pad lube when reassembling to make the job easier next time and to help with squealing.

I done mine roughly ever 6 months.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
If they're looked after you should be ok. I've not had many issues with mine (owned for two years 20k miles).

Always heel n toe though.

Clio RS 200 Gordini
If they're looked after you should be ok. I've not had many issues with mine (owned for two years 20k miles).

Always heel n toe though.

Finding it difficult to heel n toe with the shyte throttle response in this car. I've never seen anything like it. Would a panel filter help by any chance?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Finding it difficult to heel n toe with the shyte throttle response in this car. I've never seen anything like it. Would a panel filter help by any chance?

Not doing it right then bud. You just need to learn the car and you'll get the hang of it.

Clio RS 200 Gordini
I found that mine isn't actually as bad as the MPG figures suggest. Just a guide really, but not all that accurate from my experience.

I get around 30mpg around town between 1k-2k rpm which is granny driving but to be honest, the car pulls easy down low like that so I often find myself in 6th gear at 30MPH with little acceleration.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I get around 30mpg around town between 1k-2k rpm which is granny driving but to be honest, the car pulls easy down low like that so I often find myself in 6th gear at 30MPH with little acceleration.

You're lucky you see 30. Mine rarely goes over 26-27.

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Displayed. Mostly sits around 24.9 according to the onboard.

Petrol seems to be half decent if you granny drive it. As soon as you press that pedal though it's soon gone. I can get 25MPG but that is combined with high revs and the occasional granny drive. It did actually reach 33MPG before I hit the dual ;)