ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS 182, 197 or 200???

Clio 182
Hey guys & Merry Xmas! ;)

I've got a 182 running about 200bhp very quick beast she is but I've been looking at some 197s and 200s just wondering which RS you lot prefer and what a good upgrade would be from my 182 performance & style wise so drop a reply let me know :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
What have you done to get 200bhp?

as I'm sure you know, these are very difficult/expensive to get power out of. If your cars on 200bhp and you want to sell it, you'll be losing a lot of money.

197/200s are better built but will feel incredibly sluggish compared to a 200bhp 182.

if I was getting one though I'd have a trophy, r27 or very high spec/rare colour 200

pics and spec of your car will help people suggest more mods :)

Thing is, his 182 could be producing 200bhp with ££££ spent but he hasn't said what's he done to it.

Maybe the chap he bought it from told him it was running 200 bhp so he's always believed it.

Mec 350 slk manual
you may be right , i have 438 cams ported inlets remap exhaust plus other mods a just shade 190

clio 182
ive been strugling with this myself at the min.carnt decide weather to get rid of my 182 and get a 197 or not,will be interested to see what people think.

Performance wise there's nothing in it, some will even say the 182 is quicker due to the 197/200 being a bit lardy.

I would only upgrade if you want a better car to live with everyday and aren't bothered about just performance.

Clio 182
U must be running ITB's or a RS2 to run 200+ BHP what have u done bud?

Well I got it like this but the guy didn't give me specifics he said its been mapped decated straight through exhaust but he wernt sure what else for some reason but it does fly I'm telling you I've been ina couple other 182s they ain't moving like this. I was enquiring about the 197 or 200 because you know they are newer shapes and I haven't had the chance to try 1 out so yeah..

Fiesta ST-2
Naive and ignorant not confused. End of the day they're just numbers, if it feels quick and you enjoy driving it, that's what matters.

Clio 182
Naive and ignorant not confused. End of the day they're just numbers, if it feels quick and you enjoy driving it, that's what matters.

Yeh guess your right just wondering if the newer shapes are just a fun and give that same kind of excitement when taking off at the lights :p

Yeh guess your right just wondering if the newer shapes are just a fun and give that same kind of excitement when taking off at the lights :p

The only way you'll know is by driving one. I've had a couple of 200's and they don't 'feel' as quick but in reality they are.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Well I got it like this but the guy didn't give me specifics he said its been mapped decated straight through exhaust but he wernt sure what else for some reason but it does fly I'm telling you I've been ina couple other 182s they ain't moving like this. I was enquiring about the 197 or 200 because you know they are newer shapes and I haven't had the chance to try 1 out so yeah..

PH2's are the best all rounder although an LY 197 R27 F1 do look sexy :p

LY R26
Was laughing at the seriousness of MarkCup in order to try to not have this guy buy the same model of car as him.

Mec 350 slk manual
You may be right as long as your happy with it that all what counts put it on a rr and that will give you a ruff result

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
If you have a 200bhp 182 then it's pretty obvious a 197/200 isn't going to be an upgrade - performance wise.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Mk2's are the best all rounder although an LY 197 R27 F1 do look sexy :p

Lol very true.

I've read that the 197/200s can carry far more speed in corners than the mk2s. I've never properly driven a 1*2 so can't comment on that but I've been very impressed at how composed my 197 is in fast corners. I've scared myself on occasion testing this lol

But,
Mk3s have worse mpg (30s compared to 45 for the mk2)
Mk3s feel more 'grown up'
mk3s have slightly better build quality
mk3s look nicer inside

mk2s have better throttle response and respond better to decats. Decat a mk3 and you'll have a huge flat spot

i do love my r27, the pros far outweigh the cons for me

clio 182 sport
Lol very true.

I've read that the 197/200s can carry far more speed in corners than the mk2s. I've never properly driven a 1*2 so can't comment on that but I've been very impressed at how composed my 197 is in fast corners. I've scared myself on occasion testing this lol

But,
mk3s look nicer inside

mk2s have better throttle response and respond better to decats. Decat a mk3 and you'll have a huge flat spot

45's in a mk2 lol ......... my average atm is 26MPG altho my car isnt standard best i have had as an average is 32 really and on a long run on the motorway if im doin a slow run at 70mph i can get between 35-40mpg for that blip.

i cant say anywone's average bein 40mpg in a mk2 unless they do a serious amount of motorway miles and drive very sensible.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
My 172 averaged 41mpg over a trip to the ring and back, that included a few laps and a bit of fun on German roads

Clio 182
Lol very true.

But,
mk3s look nicer inside

Yh I don't get nowhere near 45mpg out of mine lol made me laugh when you said uve scared yourself lol! I guess I'm just gonna have to test 1 or 2 see what they are like style wise I think they are very good looking especially the white ones with black rims and tints or the red ones with black rims and tints :)