ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

router IP address?

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know how i can find mine out?

up wil a couple of days ago, everything worked pretty well and i was able to connect to the router through 192.168.2.1, i'm sure my brother fiddled with something, but i can't be sure, he was warbling on about having NAT issues with Azureus, so maybe altered something there, i really don't know.

A couple of days ago, the IP address of the router stopped communicating with the pc :( i have absolutely no idea what i can do to resolve this, tried phoning Belkin, and they are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard

router is a Belkin Wireless Pre-N Router part # F5D8230uk4

Again, upon trying to communicate with Modem through MSIE & Firefox,

This Page Cannot Be Displayed
:(

Not a Clio
Not sure why but my netgear one used to play up. If it wouldn't work in IE then it would in Firefox and vice versa. Failing that try the reset button on the router.

Wrong port?

8080 or something?

I set a few Belkin routers up before, but can't remember! Heh.

well if you have your ip set via dhcp ipconfig will tell you it but if you are running static ip's the gateway will still be the old ip and not the new one but tbh i cant see why the hell he would change the routers internal ip

500bhp Scoob
If you cant remember it, the usual way of making it reset to default settings (factory reset) is hold the reset button in for 30 seconds, I know on my belkin router its got a button on the back that needs a pen or something to push it in

McBunny said:
daz port wouldnt be an issue unless his router was acting as a proxy and that i very much doubt

A lot of routers config don't listen on port 80 by default - a lot use 8080 etc.. some 8000 etc..

mole - seems to have worked, got all 3 connected now (somehow) only issue is, my computer is connected at 18mbps as oppose to 108mbps :(

i'll gt it sorted sooner or later, fully password protected now, can't trust him with it now :mad:

As father and son....
make sure the router is transmitting in a specific wireless mode. Setting your router to transmit in "mixed" mode (i.e both B and G 'speeds') will cause a loss in performance with regards to both distance of connectivity and speed of connectivity. If you have a dedicated G setup, just use that. And if your brother has B grade wireless kit.......i dont think youll be losing much not having him on the network ;)

was already set to g only, but thanks anyway

managed to get it a little more stable by changing the channels. now sits at 48mbps minimum, and 54mbps top line

no idea how to get it to 108 though :S

nope, it's run at 54mbps every time, just i've not had enough time to actually have a good look at it, but we have

Belkin Pre-N True Mimo Router
2 x Belkin Wireless G USB Network Adaptors, 802.11g 125 HSM (2.4GHz)

just doesn't appear to want to work for us, i would phone Belkin, but the times we've tried they've either been amazing or useless depending on who i was talking to

As father and son....
ive just had a cursory 2 minute glance over the net and the MIMO technology employed is apparently a forerunner to the new "n" standard wireless platform. Although this new standard is nowhere near being ready, MIMO is supposed to be giving us a bit of a taster. If you're concerned with the potential ramifications of a 54mbps conneciton may have on your internet speed; don't be. A 54mbps connection is more than adequate for surfing and so forth. Nowhere did i find mention of the network connection speed that is supposed to be reported when the MIMO is working as intended. I would however take note of the fact that in the articles i read they mentioned that when it was working, transferring files over the network was like moving the files locally on the computer i.e very quick. Ive got a Linksys Wireless router for my network sat behind a CISCO router i nabbed from work a while ago, its 802.11g but fails to connect at anything over ~32. I would try doing some local network transfers and see if the speeds are satisfying or not and go from there.

yeah, it doesn't bother me too much, but i bought it for 108 therefore i expect it to be 108, if it doesn't, then it's a false advertising IMO

i would have just stuck with 54 if i knew it wasn't going to be accessible

very rarely do we require anything of that speed, and there is no chance of the internet speed maxxing out either, will just have to stick with it at 54 by the looks of things

1st experiences with belkin products, not great, unlikely to buy again :(

As father and son....
mmmm cant go wrong with Linksys. Its basically Cisco innards now anyway. The problem with advertised speeds on wireless is it's just not reflective of everyones surroundings. Because Wifi in a public domain has to be over certain public channels theres a lot of interference from other native devices like microwaves and so forth. I agree its a bit of a jip but thats life pussycat :( wooahwooaah etc. Shoot me.

Status
Not open for further replies.