ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rotten 182 backbox

182/ 172 Cup
is this a common problem? its on a 04 plate. the backbox is really rotten now and began to blow. any body got a backbox for sale? how much are they from renault? i dont really want a after market one unless its quite, i cant stand noisy exhausts. thankyou

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
You're lucky it lasted that long TBH

OE is much more expensive than Aftermarket and it will just rust again being Mild Steel.... Miltek are supposed to be Fairly quiet and made of Stainless Steel so should last longer then OE,

Welds are supposed to be poor though aern't they Fred?

182/ 172 Cup
£500! what a joke, what aftermarket ones would you recomend? i dont want anything loud and nothing that looks to different from standard. is there any power to be had if i was to go for a full system? thankyou

Black Gold 182 FF
I have one in my loft was keeping it as a spare. I might sell it. It was cut at the bend over the beam so it will need a joining piece to the rest of the system. I got it when I was told the Renault price for an OEM one (£650 at the time).

Lionel Richie
full systems can be had sub £400 easily, get a full system though as the renault centre section is made of cheese too

BMW M135i
The janspeed isn't a great deal louder than standard either and is a nice system. The yozza is silly loud imo, lovely bit of kit all the same though I just couldn't put up with it. Got a milltek on the 225 and its just right noise level wise.

182/ 172 Cup
yozzas a no then! janspeed has a good price cheaper than the scorpion, full janspeed system is about £335 and the scorpion backbox is 315 alone. is there a power gain with a janspeed system?

BMW M135i
yes but you my boy enjoy a night out at the rainbow club............................. often ;)
Well you should stop seeing me in there :rasp:

yozzas a no then! janspeed has a good price cheaper than the scorpion, full janspeed system is about £335 and the scorpion backbox is 315 alone. is there a power gain with a janspeed system?
Theres no real power gains to be had with any system 1*2 wise really.

Golf GT & A4 Avant

A full cat back Scorpion 182 system (RS192) can be had for £350 - £380 depending on who has it in stock

Clio 182 CUP In Silver
Whats the scorpion like to live with, i am swaying towards miltek. I do alot of motorway miles n dont want nothing loud, jus want it to give a nice purr.

Clio 182 CUP In Silver
Hmm, so scorpion? i never liked janspeeds systems as i had one on the saxo i had and it was too loud, how come avoid miltek if you dont mind me asking

Lionel Richie
the janspeed is nicley made and is quiet, the miltek has had issues with cracking welds and poor fitment on a fair few