ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rotary switch or angle sensor clicking?

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Good afternoon!

Hope someone can help me out here. I've got a weird clicking sound from just behind the steering wheel when I turn right about half a quarter of a turn of the wheel and I'd like to get rid of it!

Taken the plastic bits off and found a plastic ring moving in sync with the clicking sound but not sure which part it is. It seems related to the system autocancelling the indicators, but might also be the rotary switch?

Every now and then I have the airbag and SERV light on my dash come on but have to say I haven't seen that for a while now and it always goes off fairly quickly. Might be a faulty connection under the seat or the other again the rotary switch?

Here's a pic of where I can 'see' the clicking happening and a video of the sound.

Any help appreciated!

20190212_154429.jpg

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh that's what the part is called, easier to find info now. Thanks a lot!

Would this be something that's potentially fixable? Or is it game over and just get a second hand one off the bay?

Is this something that you can drive with? It's not bothering me much and I'll fix it ASAP but don't want to drive it if there's a risk of it getting the steering wheel lock engaged while driving.