ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"ROOF WOOFER"

Clio F1 Team 197
hey guys, i was thinking of fitting a TS W8102SPL 8000W 15" SPL Champion sub woofer to the inside of my car. (on the roof)
i feel that this will:

A) look very cool indeed!! :):)
B) give a better sound all round
and
C) do somthing that no1 has done before.

anyhoo...

since the sub will vibrate i thought i could replace the flimsey lining of the roof with sum thick-ass MDF.. (yeh i know, how cool) what thinkness do ya'll reckon i should choose and also what is the best sound proofing to go for?

Cleo x

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-pioneer-ts-w8102spl_p-22783.htm

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Go for 9" MDF, make sure you fit a FSE power boost valve to increase your engine power, due to the car weighing more.

Clio 182 (Black Beauty)
why not fit it on the outside on top of the roof. that way everyone will know ur a bel end and not just people reading this ;)

1.8 8v RSi
interesting idea...just there's more downsides that up sides....and i think its been done before anyway....not necssacerily in a clio

Clio 182 (Black Beauty)
id sit a rottweiler on ur roof. that will produce a much more soundful woof which ur probably after

Clio F1 Team 197
Perhaps I exgerated with the MDF, but would it possible to fit some speakers in the roof of my car? Perhaps over the rear, this way they won't be easily visable?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Was this the "girl" with a Clio 197 diesel ???

And paid £9000 to a guy who met them in a car park with the car.... Sounds like some other forum is getting bored.

It's probably not worth the hassle, at the end of the day standing out from others is really just attracting attention to the fact you've got expensive equipment in the car. I'd just upgrade your standard speakers, go for subtlety.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Put it right above the driver seat for extra volume, infact put another infront of you're head and 1 behind you're head...

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
Put it right above the driver seat for extra volume, infact put another infront of you're head and 1 behind you're head...
pmsl i actually seen a car with a moulded seat surround and down either side of the seat had increasingly larger speakers :| was center drive also i think it was the alpine mega build c2 iirc

Audi TT 225
There no way of securing that much weight on the roof
It will sound crap because not enough air will get to it
No one will buy your car because you wrecked the roof
You wont be able to see behind
You wont fit anyone in the back
Its a waste of a 197
Theres a reason no ones done it before

Its just...just..... wrong.... please dont.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
heh, Im just thinking of how flimsy my roof is, I think it would probably fall if I bolted a sub and enclosure to it.

Renault Clio 1.4 Automati
As much as laughin at other people can be fun, although it may not be the best idea, its certainly an interesting idea which is different from the, get a sub throw it in th boot and hope its ok thing i see a lot of the time. Not slating anyone in here for anything like that - jus think people on here can be a bit harsh when it comes to people thinking of stuff to do to their cars thats different. And i also find on here, that when anyone does have an idea like this, people slate it, instead of actually tryin 2 help somebody out.

Not meaning to be a dad about this or anything, i just know that when i have idea's like this i can't ask the questions on here - as i'd just get ripped, and thats not really the way it should be now is it?

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
ok some help... the only way this would be pulled off is if you secured a already made enclosure with sub onto the roof... due to head room id suggest fixing it to the roof above the rear seats ... in the center mabe? if you can visualise this it could be done and probably look good if done properly... you wont be able to see much out of the rear window but hey some cars dont have rear windows :p if you really wanteed to go ahead with this "new" idea then i rekon this is the way to go about it no way your gona get it in above the drivers seat tho lol u need some enclosure space to make the sound...

any help... and ive not critisied

As much as laughin at other people can be fun, although it may not be the best idea, its certainly an interesting idea which is different from the, get a sub throw it in th boot and hope its ok thing i see a lot of the time. Not slating anyone in here for anything like that - jus think people on here can be a bit harsh when it comes to people thinking of stuff to do to their cars thats different. And i also find on here, that when anyone does have an idea like this, people slate it, instead of actually tryin 2 help somebody out.

Not meaning to be a dad about this or anything, i just know that when i have idea's like this i can't ask the questions on here - as i'd just get ripped, and thats not really the way it should be now is it?

To be fair though its not a modified or cruise website. Its an OWNERS FORUM meaning people apreciate the car for how it came out of the factory and want to preserve the originality of the car.

The forum as a whole are a bit more mature 20/21 plus and have grown out of the whole making-my-car-look-like-it-is-from-whacky-races phase.

Clio F1 Team 197
I cant see why you would say things like "please dont" and its stupid, people are always trying to do the next best or different thing, i was only asking for advice!! ive seen some right gay car with big bad boy bumber etc.. most probably driven by people that have replied to my thread...

i want to be different!! do somthing that i thought, no1 had done before.

i dont have a bloody 197 diesel, some nob at my work saw my password and thought it would be funny to post rammal on my account. sorry about that. i have a flame red 197 that i bought from a dealer lol not a guy at holiday inn or whatever was said.

anyway. any more ideas on the sub would be good!!

MK3 Clio Dynamique S
hey this is quite an interesting idea, and one that got me thinking.
so i've come up with a suggestion that will allow you to do it whilst keeping somesort of view through the rear screen.
you could either:
a. Build a custom sub box from plexi glass, this way you would be able to see inside the bo an also through to the back screen and through the back screen too.
or b. use a thicker piece of plexi glass secured to the back of the seats protuding up from the shelf and then secure one of the new "free air" subs, as these require no box to create the sound.
i've seen a few in shelves etc.
anyways i hope that you find a way of doing this, i think its quite a forward thinking idea.