ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roof rack / box fitted to a 182?

FF CLIO 182
Hi,

Has anyone ever fitted a roof rack / box to their Clio 182?

I am thinking of getting one for some camping gear but have tried removing the colour coded strips on top of the roof. (push down & slide towards boot) but they seem to only slide out about 1 inch then stick?

I do not want to force them as knowing my heavy handidness i will more than likley snap them.

Surely these do come off though or else why would they have them on?

I have checked with halfrauds and they say THULE do do them for a MK2 Clio 3 door.

Can anyone help please? My manual does not say anything in it either!!

Many thanks,

Ryan.

FF CLIO 182
Cheers.

So when i push down and slide to the point where it doesn't seem to go further i just apply a little brute force and it will come all the way out?

clio 182 black /gold
Yes you can.
100_0629.jpg

100_0631.jpg

100_0632.jpg

FF CLIO 182
Hi Leeshez,

The pictures don't seem to work, not to worry.

Does the thingy-mi-bob on the car roof slide all the way out, or just partly and then you lift it up so that you can slide the new roof rails in?

What size box did you use, i'm looking at a 250L with THULE fitting kit etc.

Cheers

RSC 182 Cup
I've got a 330 litre Mont Blanc pod that's a low profile design. I haven't had it on my 182 but reckon it would be a good choice.

Pics below are of it fitted to a Daihatsu Feroza (you'd know it as a "Sportrak").

beachentry.JPG

TTreesaltpan.JPG

beach.JPG