ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ron 95 when on 98 map

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
It will be 100% fine mine been Mapped years and run either makes f**k all difference to way it drives imo on na cars runs fine on either maybe slightly better on v power but not massive difference . Lot of placebo effect to the 98 Ron imo . Only becomes more noticeable on turbo cars .

LY FF182
Mines mapped for 98, and with 95 in it coughs and farts loads. Doesn't run great. So I imagine going full throttle would hurt a few parts

Mines mapped for 98, and with 95 in it coughs and farts loads. Doesn't run great. So I imagine going full throttle would hurt a few parts

This. My 182 mapped to 98 runs awful on 95 absolutely awful! Never put bit in. Even keep some v power in a few jerries just incase

Ran my RSTuner '98RON' map on 95 fuel for 3+ years, car was always 6k+ rpm all day long (was only used for track) and never had an issue. AFRs were fine. Components fine when stripped down.

LY FF182
Why would you map for 98 then only use 95.. Especially on track? That's just stupid. Might as well not map it

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I would think if your cars run that bad on 95 you have other issues other than the fuel you putting in it !

Why would you map for 98 then only use 95.. Especially on track? That's just stupid. Might as well not map it

Because thats what the ECU had on it, and point proven by the AFRs being fine with an LC1. It drove no differently and ran no different AFRs with 98/99 in. I wouldn't have posted it otherwise.

M140i
I've had 3 98mapped Clio's, makes naff all difference to be honest on the few occasions I have had to put 95 in.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I've got the 98 ron map and mine runs lumpy as hell and hold back a bit on throttle if I stick 95 in it
but sometimes when you're in the arsehole of nowhere running on fumes, any fuel's better than no fuel.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Interesting reading... I've had my 98 map for about 18 months now and have ran it on 95 many times and have never experienced a moment of any issues.

I wonder if there's something that can collate all the above. Where were your maps from? Mine was Engine Dynamics.

RS tuner, I thought before I go away I would run the car on a tank of 95 to see if it made any difference, as far as i can see the difference is very minimal, I get a lumpy idle Compared to it being dead smooth before hand, and a slight drop in mpg by about 2ish give or take, other than that everything else is the same, I keep thinking it feels slugish but think that could be a placebo effect. Still gonna stick 98 in whenever I can though