ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rolling Road questions

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
I am planning on rolling roading my car in a few months or so. I have a few questions on what actually happens.

1st question.--- When the car is on the rollers does the operator depress the accelerator fully (floor it) or is it a gradual smooth acceleration? (from the vids I’ve seen its smooth)

I only ask as my car has a “over boost” where the torque is increased for a 5 seconds burst when the accelerator is fully depressed, and so I want to know if I will get a full torque figure or will I have to apply an % increases to the result to get an idea what it will be making if the “overbost” would have cut in.

2ed question. --- I have seen “Rolling Roads” where the cars tyres make contact with rollers. I have also seen ones where the wheels come off and the reading is taken from the cars wheel hubs.

Is one better than the other?

3ed question. --- is the “hub” type actually called a rolling road or is it something else?
4th question. ---is a “Dyno” just a brand name for rolling road?

Thanks in advance

Steve MillerLight:eek:

they stick it in 3rd or 4th and floor it. It just seems gradual because its picking up from tickover basically if that makes sense

TVR Cerbera
hub type is to stop wheelspin but i've never seen one. The best type are engine out, but obviously expensive