ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rolling road fail

Da

Less
I did a search, couldn't find anything...

Has to be every RR attendee's worst nightmare, aside from the down-on-power results! ;)

:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
  Megane 225 F1
f**k!

I would be so pissed. What a story though. "My car had so much power, it drove off the RR"

TrackCar & F30 330d
Oooo dear, Should have sunk the RR into the ground then then it wouldnt have so far to drop if the car jumped off

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Holy s**t! Wonder what the insurance is like in that sort of situation...

Doubt he could claim as it wasn't done on the road and he should of had to sign something before he car went on, I guess the garage would just have to claim off theirs and the guy would have to fork out himself!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
When my M3 got rr'd I was stood in front of it and kept thinking ''If this thing comes off, i'm a gonner pretty dam quickly...''.

He hit the limiter in 5th gear. How fast would that have been??

When my M3 got rr'd I was stood in front of it and kept thinking ''If this thing comes off, i'm a gonner pretty dam quickly...''.

170?

Didn't seem very secure at all TBH.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Apparently one went through a wall somewhere in the UK, although I took that story with a pinch of salt.

a cossie at well lane turbo centre in batley, bounced off the dyno and went through the back wall of the work shop.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Im trying to find the picture of the TVR thats strapped down but the front wheels are on the rollers instead of the rear..

e91 330d/type r mini

if it was an e46 m3 id say it will of been 165+ as mine was that without hitting limiter :)
most cars will stall when coming off of the dyno but wouldnt like to be in the way of one that does.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
every rr operator i have spoken to said if a car comes off a dyno it will go backwards first before shooting forwards... saw an old model t on a rr they were doing it for s***s and giggles, the wheels being so thin it started to get a wabble on and nearly fell over :)

ITB'd MK1
every rr operator i have spoken to said if a car comes off a dyno it will go backwards first before shooting forwards... saw an old model t on a rr they were doing it for s***s and giggles, the wheels being so thin it started to get a wabble on and nearly fell over :)

kind of true, although wont usually shoot forwards at all. Roller inertia pushes the car backwards because of the direction of rotation, then the front will swing (exactly as in the OP) Lots easier to stop the car wheels spinning than it is a big steel roller. easy to stop it though, side to side straps across the front of the car