ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rolling like a Ned. FAO Gally

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
Been getting bored with the volvo for a while, I'd already remapped it already lowered and done over the suspension and pretty much exhausted most options on things to try and perk up my interest in it, then the top mounts fell to bits and drop links started popping etc. Plus I've moved to a new job which means i'm doing less than 1/4 of the miles perday so dont need a diesel anymore so I treated my self to this while i still qualified for staff discount.
Just done some minor things so far, clear fog lamp, uprated high beam, led rear bulbs, silva tecs alround inc side repeaters, got the wheels done anthrasite, but looks a good match for sea grey. I've got eibach springs in the boot, its the Ford accessory ones so warranty safe, but i'll leave it for a while and enjoy it standard, loving the exhaust note, its standard and perfect imo, quite when you'd want it to be but throaty when booting it. Also for some reason if you try to drive it economically (very gentle, low revs etc) i get 23mpg, but if i drive it briskly every where i'm getting 28 wtf?
5800841494_ce0bd2e603.jpg

DSC01732 by jaff87, on Flickr
5800745590_24c68e915a.jpg

DSC01692 by jaff87, on Flickr
5800201911_6f1c5196e8.jpg

DSC01697 by jaff87, on Flickr
5800220201_280f8aba1d.jpg

DSC01710 by jaff87, on Flickr
5800256189_1b7848b2b8.jpg

DSC01711 by jaff87, on Flickr
5800769814_eeeb229839.jpg

DSC01708 by jaff87, on Flickr
5800811900_4de7990b53.jpg

DSC01712 by jaff87, on Flickr
5800272705_40589e6bbc.jpg

DSC01722 by jaff87, on Flickr
5800274633_99bfe53e04.jpg

DSC01724 by jaff87, on Flickr
5800751644_0fb0f5f08c.jpg

DSC01695 by jaff87, on Flickr
5800849100_1769a0b8d1.jpg

DSC01736 by jaff87, on Flickr

here's more pics.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaff87/sets/72157626766733057/

Ross.

Last edited:
  Mondeo TXS Bardge.
Its a ST3, got all the usual spec, auto lights and wipers, bluetooth, voice control, auto dual zone climate, recaros, xenons, key free entry and start but this has got the touch screen sat nav, parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, there werent many options on the ST3 as its so well spec'd to start with but i think this has most of what was left. It also had for some reason silver wheels as opposed to the standard black, I was gonna keep the silver as it didnt look to bad with the silver wheels, but we got a demo in with the black wheels, and it looked the nuts, but i didnt want to be the same so went with the anthrasite. i think it works well.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Superb mate, I bloody love it.

I mentioned a while back how silver on the right car works so so well! Really does. The pictures have definitely done it justice. Superb upgrade! It actually looks low with the tyre profile and wheel colour. Eibachs will have it looking immense!

Still running contact 3's? I'm changing to them soon.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
It's contact 2s on the st, the rs' have the contact 3, dunno about the 3s they seem to get a bit of a mixed bag of reviews, the contact 5s are supposed to be better.

Evo 5 RS
That looks tidy, again not really a fan of the car on the whole but very nice spec..look surprisingly good in silver

Don't buy the 3.

I'll keep saying it until I'm blue in the face. 5P is a noticeably better tyre. Better turn-in, much better wet grip, better rim protection, and cheaper. Well they were cheaper when I bought mine.

Good choice of rim colour BTW. I have my RS wheels done in pretty much the same shade. They esplosded! To my eyes, black rims are a bit played out now. Plus they disappear in the arches and always make your tyres look grey. Amfacite FTW.

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah can't say I fancy black rims anymore. Silver + Performance blue is FTW iirc bbq.

Oh and i'm struggling to find the 5's in my girl size Roy. 225 or even 215 40/17.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols! 19's on the FRP!

You know you can be shot for those kind of modifications! If it wasn't for the brakes being massive i'd love to feel 16's on it. Although the arch gap would then be ridiculous!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
He put it on the rear 1/4 glass just incase you didn't realise just how big his yo' rims were!

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
the plate is on retention, the dealership it came from in their wisdom, sent the wrong V5 up with the car, then again posted up the wrong v5. by the time the right one came through it was too late to do a cherished transfer and still get it out the door by the time i finished up so its on retention. once its through i'll get one of the drivers to put it on for me on their daily trips to the DVLA office, swear about 80% of landrovers and jags get pivate plates.

The reverse camera is cool, my only gripe with it is that its clearly for LHD, because you can line it up perfectly in a space with the generated lines on the screen, get out and the drivers side is tight upto the line and mega space on the passengers. Whats quite cool is the screen interfaces with the parking sensors and the guides change colour when you get closer to the object.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Never been the biggest fan of these but I really really like this! Must be the colour combo and tidyness! Thumbs up from me!