ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rollcage

clio sport 182 cup
omp 6 point rollcage any gud? easy insalment? same goes for the oreca race plus cage k-tec sell.
not sure wether am gonna bolt in or weld in.
i no oreca 1 needs dash cuttin,not bothered about that,
what's peoples opinions on both.cheers.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
IIRC the OMP needs quite a bit of work to get it to fit, I've heard the Oreca cage fits better.

I am more then likely going to go for the Oreca race cage.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
what ever cage you get, just make sure its fitted properly by someone who is good at welding.

I've looked at 6/7 cars with cages lately and I wouldn't want to have a crash in any otf them!!

Its all very well having a fandango super dooper cage but if the welding is s**t or the cage isn't lined up properly, it would probably cause more harm than good!

Last edited:
OMP cage isn't too hard to fit - I've got one in mine that's had the rear modified to have a full cross and harness bars - check my progress thread
You just have to make up some feet for the front of it and the ones that OMP provide aren't great
Couple of hours work for a fabricator/welder though

clio sport 182 cup
ha ha,i work in a body shop n a fully qualified weld so it'll be welded like a tank lol.
yeah was lookin at the orcea 1 and looks quite neat,just wondered if u need to weld box sections in to get either of them to fit?

Check out Custom Cages club range, Various different kits depending on what you want and well priced. Id assume they fit better than an Oreca or OMP cage too.

OMP ones does need box sections welding in first - pics of them are on my progress thread

I'm pretty sure they all need boxes welding in for the main hoop as otherwise they don't fit through the doors ;)

Daniel has hit the nail on the head! If not fitted properly they can be deadly and your better off without one but it sound like you should be fine ;) I have heard horror stories about how much modding is required for custom cages's but as with anything could just be rumours! I'm not sure about the OMP but the Oreca race plus would be a massive install job there are so many tubes! It would be an epic cage though but depends what you are going to use the car for as it could be over the top and alot of unnecessary weight.

clio sport 182 cup
yeah i see what your sayin,well the car is pretty much set up as a fast road car,but has now been taken off the road and replaced with a trusty mondeo lol.
so the cage in general is gonna be for trackday's,but dont want something over the top,just as it will be brought on the road an odd wknd.
thank's for opinions.
do you have to cut dash for the omp 1 or is it a dash doger?
,cheers

BMW M5 & E36
Not sure about the Mk2's, but my Mk1 cage was originally an OMP 6 point weld in. The foot plates were poor and took a bit of working, but apart from that the fitment was fairly good. I think whether they dodge the dash or not depends whether it's sold as a bolt in or weld in. I'd not have a dodger personally.

If I was to cage one again, I'd buy the most basic custom cages jobby, so as to get the main hoop and A pillar bends, then add in whatever else I wanted as its essentially just profiled straight bars which I can quite easily do myself. Depends how willing you are to put the time in.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Quite chuffed to buy the shell with the Clio Cup race cage already fitted :D

If it's good enough for the Cup boys....

ph1-172
I've got the omp one in my car, it was a bit of a pain in the arse to fit. the main hoop with the cross was slightly twisted. so we cut the cross out bolted it down in the car and re-welded it. otherwise it went in pretty easy.
the main design fault i can see is the rear feet go through the floor just above the suspension cups. so unless your running ast 's or similar coilover style units getting the bolts in without fouling on the springs is headwork.

172, Tiguan
I'm going to see the final stages of my Oreca Race cage being fitted tomorrow. By all accounts it's gone in really well without to much hassle. I've paid someone who knows what they are doing to fit it properly.

I'd question the need to get a Race Plus cage unless you were very serious about going racing, even then it's a bit on the mental side.

Here is mine as of a few weeks ago (harness bars and door bars still to be fitted).

cage.jpg

I've got the omp one in my car, it was a bit of a pain in the arse to fit. the main hoop with the cross was slightly twisted. so we cut the cross out bolted it down in the car and re-welded it. otherwise it went in pretty easy.
the main design fault i can see is the rear feet go through the floor just above the suspension cups. so unless your running ast 's or similar coilover style units getting the bolts in without fouling on the springs is headwork.

I've got this cage and the reason it goes in with the rear feet above the springs is because it is the only place in the boot floor with any strength. But like you said, I'm glad I have ASTs.

clio sport 182 cup
that oreca cage does look abit mental,maybe have to have a re think,but it does look so good.
how long has it taken to get it to that stage?