ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rob's Titanium 182FF

Titanium 182 FF
Oh hey there!

Been on the forum a few months now and thought I better introduce myself and do me a project thread.

After an age of searching and saving pennies (not helped by my yaris' gearbox exploding), finally the Clio won out over Civics/ Ibizas etc due to a combination of price,availability,insurance and a reputation for being damn good fun

Came across a pretty clean looking Titanium 182FF with FSH and only two former owners/not silly miles (76k) so snapped it up

1_zps46b70b35.jpg

2_zps7ef04126.jpg

On the way home exhaust warning light came on, but dealer had warranty so not the end of the world. Turned out to be pre-cat lambda sensor so quick fix.

3_zps58064904.jpg

Got the Clio bug instantly

4_zpsfc518e4d.jpg

5_zps49b01fb6.jpg

First thing to do - Full service as last few had been done on the cheap. oil/gearbox oil/wipers/coolant/spark plugs and oil,air and pollen filter from Wolverhampton Renault - Membership paying off already!

Second- sorting lop sided exhaust..

6_zpsbd5629e9.jpg

Think there's meant to be something there. Good old french pig iron

7_zpse20e5ec9.jpg

Thought I might as well replace the lot as I wanted a bit more noise too, so settled on a Scorpion RS192 Cat-back as I quite like the deeper exhaust tone, and can't grumble at the price

8_zps7083cf76.jpg

Much better

9_zpsf313c7fd.jpg

13_zps4e9f7d26.jpg

14_zps8571201e.jpg

15_zpsfaec2d4e.jpg

16_zps26e12dd1.jpg

I really need to get some proper cleaning gear. It's crying out for a claying

De-egged:

11_zps65e69d12.png

12_zpsa7b9636b.png

Got the Aux belt pulleys sorted as only the belt was replaced when they were done before..

Get the feeling this is a mandatory part of owning a clio

17_zps8cdb02d3.jpg

Next.....

18_zps65933cd6.jpg

Future plans- Clean plates, smaller aerial, lights referb, new mats, fabia splitter, new disks/pads/fluid, spacers, new wheels (oh such a hard decision), maybe new style rear badge, maybe bonnet respray

Cheers for viewing :)

RB Clio 182
When i bought my 182 in 2012, titanium was the only colour i didnt want, but now its up their with bg and rb for me, absolutely love it, it makes the 182 look really smart and grown up for a hatch imo.

Titanium 182 FF
Cheers guys!

Looks tidy and changed abit since I last saw you! Ever need a hand with anything I will happily help :)

thanks mate, might have to take you up on that offer in the likely event of me breaking something

When i bought my 182 in 2012, titanium was the only colour i didnt want, but now its up their with bg and rb for me, absolutely love it, it makes the 182 look really smart and grown up for a hatch imo.

haha I go through days of loving it (depending on the sun/ how clean it is) and days of wishing I got rb or something..

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Welcome and car looks tidy . Think there is a Group Buy on for the Fabia front splitter for £11 delivered in the GB section

Titanium 182 FF
Long time no update! Have made several changes over the last few months and it’s now getting to how I imagined when I bought it :)

Screwed the splitter back on and you can barely see the crack so didn't replace as I'm a tight b*****d

First sorted the grimy seatbelts
Capture_zps5c7cc85b.png

Capture1_zps667b87d5.png

Next thought I’d sort the brakes as they were very spongy and generally just pretty unsafe

Capture2_zps4c1a0a38.png

Went with the tried and tested brembo HC Disks and ferodo DS2500 pads for the front and genuine discs and pads for the rear with superblue fluid (cheers G 172 !)

Capture3_zps4179481c.png

Gravel drive not the best for this kinda thing

IMG_3309_zps55c1b211.jpg

shiny

IMG_3317_zps47b2a446.jpg

blaaaaaaaackkkkk

IMG_3323_zps1c56d67f.jpg

Looking better.. broke the pissing bleed nipple off the passenger side rear though so got a new calliper for that.

Braking felt much better after being done and given me more confidence at speed

DSC_0018_zps68d7e1d7.jpg

Got some clear plates

DSC_0066_zps13f9b498.jpg

This colour is growing on me more and more as the weather gets better

IMG_3788_zps856f14fb.jpg

Finally got round to getting the cooksports fitted and it fully aligned. Can’t begin to explain the difference its made to the handling… plus it doesn’t look quite so much like a monster truck any more

IMG_3827_zpsfb6437ae.png

IMG_4020_zps83922803.jpg

Some general whoring

IMG_4014_zps4130d28e.jpg

much better arch gap
Capture42_zps8268f23f.png

IMG_4052_zps827244e9.jpg

Capture5_zpsd08bf6af.png

IMG_4060_zps10339e8a.jpg

new mats from wolverhampton renault
IMG_3992_zpsfefc3116.jpg

Less ridiculous aerial (needs a clean bad!)
Capture7_zps078b84b7.png

Got some 20mm hubcentric spacers and waiting till payday to get some 15mm bolt to hubs for the rear, as the wheels look lost in the arches after being lowered.

Next move is getting some money together for some turinis!

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Next thought I’d sort the brakes as they were very spongy and generally just pretty unsafe

Capture2_zps4c1a0a38.png

Went with the tried and tested brembo HC Disks and ferodo DS2500 pads for the front and genuine discs and pads for the rear with superblue fluid (cheers G 172 !)

IMG_3309_zps55c1b211.jpg

shiny

Braking felt much better after being done and given me more confidence at speed

No worries Rob, happy to help out and glad you're pleased with them :approve:

Car looked great when I last saw it! If you ever want to borrow my drive to work on your more than welcome, bit better than gravel! I also promise I won't touch it!!

Titanium 182 FF
Car is looking great and Turinis can only improve it mate

cheers! yeah the 182 wheels have grown on me, but still think it would look better on them

Car looked great when I last saw it! If you ever want to borrow my drive to work on your more than welcome, bit better than gravel! I also promise I won't touch it!!

thanks mate :) ok sounds good the amount of times I've dropped a nut/washer etc and its got lost in the stones aha..

Beaten up 182
Very nice. Like yours I need to clean up my seat belts and de-egg the indicators. I'm guessing a nail brush and some upholstery cleaner will sort the seat belts, what bulbs did you use for the indicators?

Titanium 182 FF
Very nice. Like yours I need to clean up my seat belts and de-egg the indicators. I'm guessing a nail brush and some upholstery cleaner will sort the seat belts, what bulbs did you use for the indicators?

yep just used some fabric cleaner stuff I found in the cupboard scrubbed it and let it soak for about half an hour.. then just rinse in clean water and pull them as far as you can out of the car and close the door on them to dry

and they are these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000PGRI5O/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Car looks great, very tidy :) great colour when it is clean!

Looks clean!

Tidy. Good start!

thanks guys :)