ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Right, Bit of a debate...

Lionel Richie
Pirelli - tyre supplier to lots of world champion teams and series
Toyo - erm.......i supposed their advertising is quite good

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
not even in the same price bracket surely? Pzero is an amazing performance tyre with a price tag to match, T1R is a very cost effective hi-mid range tyre for less money than it could probably justify.

If you'd said Pirelli P6000 or T1R then the T1R would win hands down

172 cup
toyo t1r = good in the dry, rubbish in the wet.
pzero = good all round but I found they didnt last long.

i did prefer the way my fiesta drove when i swapped from pzero's to the t1r's but thats just my opinion.

Clio Sport 172.
I'm running the P-Zeros and they are excellent in wet and dry. I have no experience with the others.....

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
T1-R's are pish, so bad in the wet.

never had a problem, but I slow down. I still maintain that saying a T1R is bad means you've not had the horror of an actually bad tyre. It's certainly no rainsport, I'll give you that

Listerine & Poledo
Hey, Tony, what's the insurance on a car, for a bloke, who lives in the UK, oh, it's got modz too

Clio182Turbo&Clio1.2
Looks like Pirelli's are the winner here, what if I added in my current tyres, Avon ZZ3? How do these compare to the Pirelli and the Toyo Proxes?
Gotta change the front two soon so I may as well buy a set of 4 and then swap the back ones when needed.
Thanks everyone who has replied so far! :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Looks like Pirelli's are the winner here, what if I added in my current tyres, Avon ZZ3? How do these compare to the Pirelli and the Toyo Proxes?
Gotta change the front two soon so I may as well buy a set of 4 and then swap the back ones when needed.
Thanks everyone who has replied so far! :)

When I had a pair of zz3 s on my 182 I found they were fooked on the inside edge but looked fine over the rest. I wouldn't buy ZZ3 tyres again.

I'm thinking of going back to Contisport contacts due to their firm sidewalls...but that is from my personal experience.

Clio182Turbo&Clio1.2
Yeah I find that my Avon ZZ3's have worn unevenly as well, don't quite understand it but hey! Will find out if it's a problem with tracking / camber when I get new tyres fitted this month.
Yet again, thanks everyone who has replied!
Zak

When I had a pair of zz3 s on my 182 I found they were fooked on the inside edge but looked fine over the rest. I wouldn't buy ZZ3 tyres again.

I'm thinking of going back to Contisport contacts due to their firm sidewalls...but that is from my personal experience.