ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Riggers' Mk2 Xr2 project...

JDM Dc2
got a new rear beam on thursday so swapped the beam over yday before i had to go work...

got the old rear beam off, didnt realise how bad it was actually bent/creased lol -

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

i used my drums and wheel bearings so just swapped everything over fromt he old beam after i took this pic

fitted it all, luckily everything just about lined up, re-bled all the brakes then as i still need 2 new road tyres ive just fitted the hweels on with the R888s for now

IMG_0293.jpg

drove it round the block, need to bleed the brakes again as theyre spongy and also need to redo the tracking slighlty but it all drives absolutely spot on, well chuffed!!

JDM Dc2
New Toyo proxes CF1s ordered and also cars booked in for 2.30 on thursday at pipewerx to get the exhaust sorted, manifold welded, flange instead off a sleeve joint on the manifld and a smaller flexi :)

JDM Dc2
At least its sorted mate, nothing else bent?

dunno yet not driove it since friday, need the brakes bleeding againt o amke it safe to drive really then gonan get it all aligned etc at Ninemeister...

Picking up 30m of black 2" Exhaust manifold heatwrap friday along with 8 metal ties and maybe an OMP front upper strut brace too for a bargain deal for both...

Also priced up a full cage from Custom Cages, 549quid delivered so ill be ordering one of them within the next few weeks :)

Also just bought/ordered 2 new vibratechnics gearbox/cradle mounts from Rally design should be here for the weekend!

Peugeot 308
Just read the whole thread.

Awesome read fella!!

Cant believe how many problems you've had, massive credit where its due for carrying on though!

Last edited:
  JDM Dc2
went pipewerx yesturday, had the manifold welded so its all one now, had a flange fitted instead of a sleeve joint and also now got a 5" flexi istead of an 8" so its not all over the place anymore... was pricey but well worth it now and no need to keep messing around with it all the time -

IMG_0310.jpg

and the new tyres arrived yesturday too whilst i was out so went to collect them last night, just had them fitted now, left one of the centre caps there *FFS* -

IMG_0308.jpg

Sunflower Ph1 172
Just looking at that rear beam comparison picture, are you absolutely sure nothing has bent on the car? As the bracket on the right with a bolt going through it is it as at a pretty epic angle. Also, pocket that the strut seems to sit in is also at a pretty extreme angle to standard too, so there must be some damage to the strut.

JDM Dc2
what picture are you referring to?

first thing i thought what you meant is the bolts on the new beam on the floor but take it you dont mean that!? lol

quote the picture and point to what you mean...

Removed the thermostat yestuirday to see how it run like without it as the water temo does get quite hot so drove the car for 10-15mins, let it warm up on idle for 3-4mins... when the oil was upto 100degrees the water temp was on like 1/4 then when i hammered it it went down to like 1/8... all bled sweet, the heater in the cars alot cooler than it was obviously lol... the annoying thing is the pressure is still quite high on the hoses, like could hardly squeeze the top rad hose when i got back after the bit of a drive :S...

just tested the thermostat in boiling water for 5mins seen no movemenmt in any of it at all so gonna get a new thermostat monday

Just looking at that rear beam comparison picture, are you absolutely sure nothing has bent on the car? As the bracket on the right with a bolt going through it is it as at a pretty epic angle. Also, pocket that the strut seems to sit in is also at a pretty extreme angle to standard too, so there must be some damage to the strut.

what picture are you referring to?

first thing i thought what you meant is the bolts on the new beam on the floor but take it you dont mean that!? lol

quote the picture and point to what you mean...

Untitled-1-15.jpg

JDM Dc2
yeh doesnt look the strongest part tbh, the strut lined up well enough into the new beam anyways....

Went for a drive over Rivington Pike last night, first time ive drove the car really since its all back together, went well apart from the odd lock up and revs sticking which was abit scray at times (fkin bike carbs!), also had comments on my car popping/banging rather large orange flames too haha :)

went to collect the 30m of heatwrap and ties earlier -

IMG_0327.jpg

will take the manifold off etc tmoz if i can be arsed.

on the way back i got a new 88degree thermostat -

IMG_0326.jpg

all bled sweet again, have to see how it is later as i aint drove it yet just sat it at 2k on idle before lol.

then thought it deserved a quick clean -

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

JDM Dc2
alternator, starter and manifold off...

manifold before -

IMG_0331.jpg

sanded down and painted -

IMG_0332.jpg

more paint as i ran out of red -

IMG_0335.jpg

progress -

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

done -

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

arms are itchy as fk now lol

gonna let it mostly dry overnight, then dry the rest tmoz with a heatgun then paint it in some more VHT black

JDM Dc2
nice work, thats gonna smoke like a chimney when its on....

shouldnt be THAT bad considering how much its dry now, but yeh still expecting quite abit lol

Hows the hand lol
get some of the silicone spray that stops water soaking into the wrap

hurting lol

how are the temperatures doing these days?

high lol

so... after leaving the manifold overnight i spent another 1/2 hour drying it with a heat gun -

IMG_0345.jpg

painted in VHT black -

IMG_0346.jpg

manifold, starter and dipstick fitted -

IMG_0348.jpg

system fitted -

IMG_0349.jpg

went to the local factors and ordered a 6pk900 auxuilery belt earlier, no where stocks that size so theyve had to order it, will be collecting that tmoz and then fit the alternator.

Vibratechnics gearbox mounts still havnt arrived, they said 2-5 working days not 7+
icon_evil.gif

JDM Dc2
collected the 6pk900 and fitted that and the alternator and started it up, let it running for about 15mins till the smoke slowed right down, i can still taste it now lol!

and... just got back from having the car all aligned to see if there was any further damage from the crash...

the rear is spot on, 0.4degrees neg camber and both toeing in spot on, so happy about that as it doesnt look right to the eye lol

the front i knew the camber was odd all along but not as far out as it actually is lol... nearside = 2.2degrees neg, offside = 0.4degrees neg... so the guy has told me what to do, where the lower arm/wishbone bolts to the chassis he said to oval the hole slightly by a further 5mm... get a new nut and bolt to allow for the 5mm washers, as he said there needs to be 2 threads showing, tighten the bolt up, drive to them (only 1mile from mine) they'll set the camber up correctly to match the nearside then simply weld round the 5mm washers on either side of the chassis leg

JDM Dc2
couple of drive by videos from earlier, sound quality is shocking tho lol -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZCRYSNDx6c

and coming back -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP86qLI6xgM

when got back as, i lifted the bonnet as the manifold still stinks from heatwrapping it and i noticed...

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600.
IMG_0352.jpg

...and a mate noticed a flame or two on the overun so thought id do some static revving, not realising how much/big the flames actually are lol -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86AIN6mIpCY

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I can't tell what you noticed from that pic? My iPhone screen is quite dark though.

Just watched the video though, and Jesus Christ!!! Although you seem to have to rev quite some to get them, which is a good thing I guess for road use.

JDM Dc2
I can't tell what you noticed from that pic? My iPhone screen is quite dark though.

Just watched the video though, and Jesus Christ!!! Although you seem to have to rev quite some to get them, which is a good thing I guess for road use.

manifold glowing where its not heatrapped just before the collars

Wrap the whole exhaust and see wot that does lol :rasp:

would but cba, manifold was bad enough

Get a turbo and see how big a flame you can get then ;)

2012 yeh, want some crazy NA power with ITBs first